• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Melee charge yelling

BoonReal

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Anyone think that the soldiers should be yelling when bayonet charging? Instead now, unlike the previous installments, we now charge in silence, with a gliding bob. It almost feels like a downgrade. Adding a scream or battlecry as the player charges would add a lot more intensity. Was there a reason for the removal? The "YAAH!" I sometimes hear on the NVA side could have good use for this instead of hearing it on random intervals.

This would be interesting implementing this into a squad bayonet charge Imo. For NVA and U.S Army/Marines

I feel like for the lone wolf, running footsteps already give away your position quite a bit and this addition of random yelling might be a tad hampering.

​​​​​​Perhaps in a tight-nit group of 4+ friendlies there could be a proximity trigger for yelling/battlecry when holding down the melee button like in Rising Storm 1.

Upvote 0
steve2142;n2303566 said:
This would be interesting implementing this into a squad bayonet charge Imo. For NVA and U.S Army/Marines

I feel like for the lone wolf, running footsteps already give away your position quite a bit and this addition of random yelling might be a tad hampering.

​​​​​​Perhaps in a tight-nit group of 4+ friendlies there could be a proximity trigger for yelling/battlecry when holding down the melee button like in Rising Storm 1.

Agreed, they could just add the group charge yelling without the buffs from RS1/RO2.

Upvote 0