• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO is dead !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as I had predicted, the game will disappears.

As mentioned this before, the game is dying from its design mistakes.

Nobody recognizes the qualities that made the success of the Red Orchestra series and this despite an excellent graphics, an original innovations accompanied by some improvements on the handling of the game.

From the forty friends who have been playing with me for more than 10 years on RO, I am the only one who still persists in playing Vietnam :(

Ask you all to accept my sincere condolences.

(For the diagnosis about the premature death of RO, see my previous comments on Steam).

Last edited:
During peak hours Rising Storm 2 gets more players, but on the off-time they have about the same amount of players really.

FUjiKOe.png

1E1icqG.png

Upvote 0
ZOPOK what you say is absolutely true (In our opinion)
Here is a copy of a post from our forums: http://vowgaming.com/dir/

"Dear Team,
Tassie Devil today asked everybody on Ventrilo if anybody still played on Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
My report to him was that RO2 Vietnam has become a 1 versus 1, or 2 versus 2 Western Gunsling. As soon as the other player gets his kill, he will leave server. This takes only about 2-4 minutes. There is no flanking moves, squad positioning, calling on artillery/sniper/armor to to complement your Team as in RO2 Stalingrad and HOTW. In short, this Vietnam gameplay is its own failure!! There are no BOTS, so as to say, where two players can start the shooting until more players join in. I cannot assemble a squad of 9GI's (live humans) and 9VC's to start play as on demand. I expect this game to fail as it is.

In short, do not purchase this game no matter how hard Steam tries to sell it to you."

Now whether you agree or not is of no interest to me. BUT Tripwire take notice !!!!. This is comment of one of our group members playing on a server that I (and others by contribution) pay for.

On asking around, everyone I speak to feels the game would be "light years ahead" if it had BOTS like RO2 Stalingrad and HOTW.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tassie Devil;n2303402 said:
ZOPOK what you say is absolutely true (In our opinion)
Here is a copy of a post from our forums: http://vowgaming.com/dir/

"Dear Team,
Tassie Devil today asked everybody on Ventrilo if anybody still played on Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
My report to him was that RO2 Vietnam has become a 1 versus 1, or 2 versus 2 Western Gunsling. As soon as the other player gets his kill, he will leave server. This takes only about 2-4 minutes. There is no flanking moves, squad positioning, calling on artillery/sniper/armor to to complement your Team as in RO2 Stalingrad and HOTW. In short, this Vietnam gameplay is its own failure!! There are no BOTS, so as to say, where two players can start the shooting until more players join in. I cannot assemble a squad of 9GI's (live humans) and 9VC's to start play as on demand. I expect this game to fail as it is.

In short, do not purchase this game no matter how hard Steam tries to sell it to you."

Now whether you agree or not is of no interest to me. BUT Tripwire take notice !!!!. This is comment of one of our group members playing on a server that I (and others by contribution) pay for.

On asking around, everyone I speak to feels the game would be "light years ahead" if it had BOTS like RO2 Stalingrad and HOTW.

There's nothing stopping you from playing on a server that isn't yours.

You are in direct competition with other servers. These other servers have settings that people find more appealing compared to yours. These servers remain full every single day. And I am talking Australian servers.

Saying the the game is dead because your single 32 slot server lies empty is rather inaccurate for obvious reasons. There's about 30 servers in Australia. All of them competiting for players.

RS2 has no place for a 32 slot server. It's either a 64 slot server or a 16 slot server. This is what the game has maps for. There are 16 player maps and 64 player maps. The game does not play well with 32 players on any of these maps. That is the main reason people aren't playing on your server.

You can blame the game all you want but the numbers don't lie.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.