• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Performance Issues on Skirmish Maps / FX-Multiplier

steve2142

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2016
For some reason on Firebase, when moving out of the American spawn onto higher ground to the right, my FPS drops from 100+ to around 80, and with FXmultiplier increased, it goes well below 50. I was wondering if there is anyway Antimatter could reduce the CPU load for corpses/bodies. As well as having a custom render system for corpses, so they aren't loaded cross map.

I can thank Tripwire for reading and suggesting these ideas to AntiMatter, as always great work with the update gentlemen and i hope to see amazing content in the future! Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaleun
You mean the FXLifetimeMultiplier for dead bodies? Don't think they ever changed this from 1.0. You can decrease it to 0.5 perhaps but wouldn't make much difference as 1.0 = 30 seconds which is very short. I have a video showing it at 10 mins before clearing dead bodies, but not recommended:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
smc;n2302666 said:
You mean the FXLifetimeMultiplier for dead bodies? Don't think they ever changed this from 1.0. You can decrease it to 0.5 perhaps but wouldn't make much difference as 1.0 = 30 seconds which is very short. I have a video showing it at 10 mins before clearing dead bodies, but not recommended:

Yeah man, exactly like this. I would love if the corpses wouldn't take up so much CPU usage, like VERDUN,(110+ corpses on screen without lag utilizing the Unity engine) Arma 3, Counter Strike 1.6. And mods for Battlefield 1942, Vietnam and 2.

I would flip out if they implemented a custom render system for corpses so can stay on screen for a long time, perhaps 10min, and not lag to crap.

Thanks for the video dude.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2302935 said:
RO2 could handle a lot more. Dead bodies than RS2 can. However RS2 has a strange issue with it and it's entirely map dependant. It will be a sudden slowdown after a period of time rather than a gradual slow down.

By the way 10 minutes before a body depawns is easily 300+ corpses.

Ah, very interesting thanks for the info man. And your right, the only way i could see 10min working would be for Skirmish, which is actually my favorite game-mode for that specific reason. On a 60 man server (like Hue) easily 300+ in like 4 minutes hahaha, absolute destruction.

I hope they do something to optimize the game further.

Upvote 0