• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why no night time map?

I think the lighting from Guadal Canal is the best we can do/hope for. It could stand to be a little bit darker, but not by much. I never played the above mentioned map, but I do remember PR for BF2 had a legitimate night map and it just ruined game play being as dark as it was.

Illumination flares would have to become a commander ability, and trip flares would have to be given to certain classes for a really dark night map to work. Even then it may not last long in rotations.

Upvote 0
I made a night time version of Stalingrad Kessel for RO2. It was a full moon night which still offered the ability to spot players. Some people really loved the night time setting whilst others did not. Some adjusted their gamma level to make the map bright as day. Those scumbags are a good reason why people tend to dislike night time maps as they are basically cheating.

Also some players simply dislike the grim atmosphere night time maps have. You know alone, surrounded by enemies, no one to your rescue.

Mappers are yet working on night time maps.

Upvote 0
crom;n2299192 said:
Please make any map have night modes with server side option.

Its not quite that easy as the map has to have the lighting, skybox, and some other things adjusted for a night version.

Lemonater47;n2299007 said:
There was a custom map for RO2 that was a proper night map.

Eveybody got lost.
It became a free for all.
And people heavily disliked it.

There was also the first remake of Odessa which was nearly completely dark. I loved it, the public did not and he ended up brightening it a couple weeks after he released it.

Upvote 0