• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please fix hill 937 for helicopters!

the playable zone on hill 937 needs fixing, as now several times i have been killed because i "flew out of the combat zone". In a chopper, after you attack the hill and need to return to base, if you fly from c back to base, you will fly over a zone of insta-death. This zone is, if facing the heli zone from c, to the right over the trees.

it is especially frustrating when avoiding the sam missile, to instantly die while returning to base. this route is commonly used, and while trying to decrease altitude to land, you can literally just randomly it seems die.

PLEASE fix this. This is the most frustrating thing, going back to re-arm and repair, to just die stupidly. even if theres a timer of 10 seconds, that would help.

Frankie

Attachments

• photo18752.jpg
    photo18752.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: exhausted
Don't fly out of the combat zone then?

I have no issues getting killed by it on Hill 937, and if there is SAM up then just wait it out. Sure in real life Cobra did not constantly operate under 75 meters and fire at point blank range, but this is just a balancing thing with the map. To change the combat zone thing a volume just needs to be adjusted, that up to how balanced they want the map to be though.

Upvote 0
Yeah.

I also feel that the concept for "out of combat" zones for helicopters is a bit broken and I don't really see why they are in certain areas that are not directly linked to the enemy. I understand and agree that some rear zones for the enemies should be blocked to prevent spawnrape with helos, but they often pointlessly restrict helicopter movement and it can be very annoying.

This is especially the case when the out of the combat zone is different for air and ground units. So you drop people off and as soon as you land you realize that this zone is "out of order" for ground units.

Upvote 0
iron bloke [24pz said:
;n2298341]the playable zone on hill 937 needs fixing, as now several times i have been killed because i "flew out of the combat zone". In a chopper, after you attack the hill and need to return to base, if you fly from c back to base, you will fly over a zone of insta-death. This zone is, if facing the heli zone from c, to the right over the trees.

it is especially frustrating when avoiding the sam missile, to instantly die while returning to base. this route is commonly used, and while trying to decrease altitude to land, you can literally just randomly it seems die.

PLEASE fix this. This is the most frustrating thing, going back to re-arm and repair, to just die stupidly. even if theres a timer of 10 seconds, that would help.

Frankie

I've found the area, thanks for the tip...issue is being looked at.

Last edited:
Reactions: [TW] Mike Stone
Upvote 0
This zone was literally added during beta wave 8. After the mapper decided to Redo the combat zones purely for the helicopters. For reasons unknown. Restricting the area you can fly in as a whole and adding in that 0 second out of combat zone area right next to the helipad.

Its not the only place. All around the helipad. It's surrounded by a 0:00 second (possible 0:01 second) out of bounds area. So if you muck up your landing it will explode you if you overshoot.

Upvote 0
MeFirst;n2298468 said:
Yeah.

I also feel that the concept for "out of combat" zones for helicopters is a bit broken
+1 this

My first impression of the game was hopping into the heli range tutorial... starting up the heli... and uh,oh... you are out of combat zone - you die.

Make the helos stay low due to SAM but give them more freedom of angles of attack.

Upvote 0