• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

voiceover lines

hekuball

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
I'd like to suggest that we have a VO for the US side saying "get some" while firing. Maybe limited to the MG.
it's such an iconic line, seems a shame not to have it in.
In addition, the lines seem a little tame tbh, when you are watching war films or reading books about the war like Chickenhawk, the dialogue from the US side seems a little polite so far. Just sayin...

Reactions: exhausted
foln;n2291999 said:
I definitely support the idea of a voiceover for when a machinegunner sprays long bursts. Red Orchestra 2 had this and I absolutely loved it. The general atmosphere did profit a LOT off of this tiny little voiceover.

RO2 never had this, it had lines when suppressing or hitting an enemy. Randomly firing didn't trigger it.

Reactions: The Chocolate Jesus
Upvote 0
foln;n2292108 said:
Are you serious? I could swear RO2 had Germans screaming when they shoot long bursts on an MG.
However, I might've mistaken this with screams caused by suppression.

it just happens with Machine gunners more, ie stable weapon + more ammo + rapid fire. It happens due to suppression, not because it's a machine gunner. You can do it with bolt rifles, pistols, etc.

Reactions: The Chocolate Jesus
Upvote 0