• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

headshot feedback

hekuball

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Dont have the beta but have been avidly watching on youtube. One thing that I hadn't picked up on before was the metallic feedback sound when you score a headshot. Seriously? You can headshot someone at 200 yards and you get some daft, cartoon ping sound simulating you hearing the bullet as it strikes the targets helmet? I hope this is a bug (at least the current super-loud noise when you get hit makes sense even if it is a sound bug).

hekuball;n2291417 said:
Dont have the beta but have been avidly watching on youtube. One thing that I hadn't picked up on before was the metallic feedback sound when you score a headshot. Seriously? You can headshot someone at 200 yards and you get some daft, cartoon ping sound simulating you hearing the bullet as it strikes the targets helmet? I hope this is a bug (at least the current super-loud noise when you get hit makes sense even if it is a sound bug).

I have 18 hours in the beta, and to tell you the truth i love that sound, it's satisfying like you noted, and taking away realism for this sound i think would be beneficial for happiness, and not necessarily immersiveness. It reminds me much of call of duty:world at war which i loved that headshot plink sound, it was SOOOO GOOOOD.

Upvote 0