• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I still find tunnel digging spots very hard to locate.

DieFledermaus

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2006
Rather, I still CAN'T find tunnel digging spots and keep finding spots that look exactly like the spot I do find, when there is seemingly no reason for the "Can't Dig a Tunnel Here."

Behind D at Cu Chi, I went the entire length of the cap and was never allowed to put a trap. People said I must have been too close to the cap.

The moment I got to E I could put one close enough that I could spit on the cap. It was WAY closer than where I was behind D.

The same thing goes for the punji stick traps. Tall grass would be the ideal place for such a trap but that is exactly where I cannot put such a trap.

I wish there was something on the map that showed an SL the embarkation line "too close to cap" tunnels.

In theory, the overhead map should show you the borders of the capzones, so the tunnel placement limitation is in relation to the distance from that border. However if that's what's giving you grief, then there should be an on-screen message saying as much, with the distance you need to move clearly displayed. If you're not seeing a distance prompt, then the location may be within spawn protection, a "no tunnels here" volume (used to block exploitative locations), on a material that isn't suitable for tunnels (like soft mud or under water), or on a mesh that has tunnel placement blocked (like in some static tunnels or buildings).

Generally you'll see more issues on urban maps than rural ones, because they have more meshes that can block tunnels. To be safe, you generally want to look for a nice patch of grass/dirt that isn't obstructed by rocks or trees.

You're supposed to be able to dig tunnels on walls too if they're appropriate (like a dirt embankment or a small piece of rock) but you'll have a lot more difficulty finding a suitable location for that than if you look for somewhere relatively flat.

Upvote 0
THe main issue is that the message telling you how far away you need to move from the capzone/whether this spot is diggable is glitchy/not always visible.

If you are squad lead with the tunnel digging tool out, the message should ALWAYS be displayed on the screen, either YOU CAN DIG HERE or YOU CANT DIG HERE or MOVE 3m FURTHER AWAY FROM CAP ZONE.

Reactions: -Moody-
Upvote 0