• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Getting hit sound effect

Bifo

Feb 3, 2017
Hey forum

I just want to make a quick note on the new sound played when getting hit by a bullet.

This sound is so bad, it dont make me scared of getting hit for any other reason than that i dont want my ears to die again.
i see no option to turn it down, and it is constantly at max volume, which makes you jump in your chair (not in the good way) and yell **** to yourself.

I dont mean to be rude, but it is not even a good sound.. sounds like a wooden bat smacking bones, and it just does not fit, it completely ruins immersion.

i hope this will be edited/removed, or most importantly, with an option to turn it down/off completely!

ps. i think the "you hit the enemy in the helmet" sound could really use some work as well

Reactions: FR4NCH3K
I just posted over at Steam that I LIKE the sound effect a lot. It sounds like bone being cracked open. But it is WAY TOO LOUD.

This is a carry over from RO/RS games, where the shot that kills you is so freaking loud even when the shooter is 500 yards away. It is clearly done for shock value and is totally annoying.

I much prefer this sound effect than unrealistically hearing the shot as if the guy just snuck out of my backpack and put his gun to my ear.

So I just want them to change the volume. I truly must adjust my volume to fit that effect and then everything else isn't loud enough.

Upvote 0