• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - FAQ & Information

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    My Game Won't Launch (Or Other Support Issues)

For support issues please use our support site located here:

http://support.tripwireinteractive.com/

It contains a Knowledge base of many known issues and how to solve them or work around them as well as a ticketing system to track issues and work with users. Any support forum is for user to user support and information sharing.

What Are The Two Different Versions Of The Game? And Where Can I Buy It?

The Game is sold in a Standard version and a Digital Deluxe. The Standard version is the base game and all of its features. The Digital Deluxe version contains several additional character cosmetics that cannot be unlocked in game or purchased outside of the Digital Deluxe version.

You can purchase the game directly here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/418460
    There is also a limited availability retail edition (https://www.iceberg-games.com/rising...tiplayer-game/) in some European markets. Contact Iceberg (https://www.iceberg-games.com/corporate/#contact) for more information about retail availability.

What is the Digital Deluxe - And Does This Provide Any Benefits?

Those who purchase the Digital Deluxe will receive the following additions:
    • 2 Exclusive Items - Camo Boonie Hats for the North Vietnamese and US factions
    • 4 Early Cosmetic Item Unlocks
      • PAVN - Camo Ushanka
      • NLF - Headscarf
      • US Army/Marines - Lowland ERDL Helmet
      • US Pilot - Dark Horse Helmet
    • Soundtrack featuring original music from the game (this will be released post launch)

I am an existing tester and receive a warning about already owning Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. Is it safe for me to purchase?

You can safely ignore that warning. We're not removing the beta keys yet, as there will be one more closed beta session - after which we will remove the keys and the warnings will go away. Anyone who has bought the game in the meantime will be just fine!

What Are the System Requirements?

Minimum Spec:
    Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
    Intel® Core™ i3 @ 2.5GHz or AMD Phenom™ @ 2.5GHz
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 or ATI Radeon™ HD 5850
    4 GB RAM

Recommended Spec :
    Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
    Intel i5 @ 3.2GHz or AMD @4GHz
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 760 or AMD R9 270X
    6 GB RAM

Are There plans for microtransactions or paid DLC?

Yes, we are looking at adding cosmetic packs to the game post launch. This will allow characters to have additional items to personalize their in-game characters. This paid content is designed to help us continue supporting the game with new free content for all players moving forward.

Does the game feature a modding SDK? What can you do with it?

Yes the game features a full SDK. Modders can do anything from new maps and weapons to full total conversions if they wish. It is most similar to UE3/UDK with game specific unreal script extensions and middleware additions.

What Factions Are Available in Game?

Southern Forces: United States Army & Marines
    Northern Forces: Northern Liberation Front (Also known as the Vietcong) and the People's Army of Vietnam (The North Vietnamese Army).

We are looking at adding the ARVN forces as an update at some point during the game's life cycle. But keep in mind that plans can change. We are actively working on adding the ANZAC forces now!

Will Multiplayer Campaign make a return?

We have thoughts about how we want to integrate this mode into Vietnam in the future and are currently looking into it. However plans can change.

What Anti Cheat System Does The Game Use

The game features both Valve Anti Cheat (VAC) and Easy Anti Cheat (EAC)

Where Can I Follow Rising Storm 2 News and Announcements?

You can find information about the game and the companies that work on it across social media and official forums at the following locations:

Tripwire Official Forums
    Steam Discussions
    Discord Channel - discord.gg/rs2vietnam/
    Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Twitter
    Tripwire Interactive Twitter
    Antimatter Games Twitter
    Facebook
    Game Roadmap via Trello

Last edited:
    Do you think make a Fighter plane DLC?

i know you made already a great job with helicopters but the US air forces made a huge damage to Vietcong using support bombing. Of course you need put in the others side the Migs to face the bombing, as happen IRL. Do you think this can be possible? Will be a tremendous add on for the game.

Upvote 0
    Chiquito.;n2293940 said:
    Do you think make a Fighter plane DLC?

i know you made already a great job with helicopters but the US air forces made a huge damage to Vietcong using support bombing. Of course you need put in the others side the Migs to face the bombing, as happen IRL. Do you think this can be possible? Will be a tremendous add on for the game.

Aerial combat would be too big for any RS2 map. Not to mention more LODs and DD's.

Upvote 0