• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console release

Polshevik

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
I'm aware that Red Orchestra series and Rising Storm are PC exclusives but I genuinely think that a console release would be very beneficial for TWI. It doesn't mean that the PC version needs to be adapted to console requirements as current gen consoles would be quite capable of running the game as efficiently as PC's.

I have a PS4 as well as PC and I'm quite confident that even if you released it just as an exclusive for PS4 or whatever, the company would make much more money especially given the lack of decent FPS games apart from Battlefield and possibly help fund Red Orchestra 3 in the future and make it a proper AAA title :IS2:

Opinions?

I'm totally not backing console release because I'm dependant on my brother's PC and I'll only have a PS4 when I move out for uni :p

Are there other examples of ue3 games ported to consoles? I honestly don't know, but if there aren't then it will definitely not be possible for a small just starting dev studio like AMG. Though if it were possible your probably right it would sell well since it would be one of a kind in the console market.

Upvote 0
I feel it would further hurt the game. They can make differences between the two for the respective platforms, but I lack faith in TWI/AMG to do so.

And porting the game would certainly be possible. Plenty of UE3 games on consoles. But you just can't click a button and have it magically happen. It does take some work.

Upvote 0
I won't say we'll never do a console release of RS2, but currently it's being developed exclusively for the PC. We are already bringing a UE3 game to consoles with KF2, but it was designed from the beginning with the ability to use console controllers in mind.

That makes sense. KF2 is a much simpler game in terms of controls and translates much better to a gamepad than the RO games ever would. However, I'm sure it could be done if enough effort were put into it.

Upvote 0
I won't say we'll never do a console release of RS2, but currently it's being developed exclusively for the PC. We are already bringing a UE3 game to consoles with KF2, but it was designed from the beginning with the ability to use console controllers in mind.

Thank goodness!
I pretty much leave when multi-platform is developed in such an complex realistic game. You just know you are going to lose in some way.

Upvote 0
PC-Gaming-Master-Race.jpg

Upvote 0
It would be nice to see RS2 on Xbox 1 and PS4 considering there aren't any Vietnam games released yet, let alone realistic tactical shooters. 2 issues I can think of would a Vietnam game appeal to console gamers? Especially one that aims for realism unlike the COD and BF experiences console gamers are used to. The console market has basically been starved of realistic shooters. Another issue I see is the title. Console gamers will be like "Rising Storm 2? I didn't know there was a one even."

Upvote 0