• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this new game or expention like RS?

Can one dev reply if this is another expantion or standalone game?

Regardless of being an expansion or fully standalone, it certainly looks like the core game (RO2) with new content.

They are STILL working on In Country Vietnam on Unreal4! They are a small team and maybe slack on PR work. I can't wait for it to be released. They are going to make it a bit harder then RO2 and RS, a but more like RO1. THANK GOD. I have been playing Project Reality the past wk or so and man I miss the slower pace and team work of RO1. Hopefully if RO3 comes out the don't go back totally to RO1 style a a bit. Kinda tired of the twitch shooting of RO2. This RS2 will be the same gameplay of RO2, just diff weapons. I will give it a try. Might be like Insurgency a bit but with the fast sprinting of RO2. We will see.

I hope it comes out first and goes back to the RO1 roots. Grinding, extra game modes, extra difficulties aren't needed.

Vietnam has a ton of potential. A Vietnam game deserves all elements.. sea, air, and land. Imagine a game which plays like Apocalypse Now!

There were a lot of infantry focused fights in the war. It would be best to focus on those otherwise it would be very lopsided in America's favor. Especially when it comes to air strikes. The last air strike against the US was done by two AN-2 transport planes. They had essentially zero capability to attack from the air.

Upvote 0
I reckon that perhaps it will be an expansion to the base game; but alongside the expansion, a major update to the base game could happen that brings it to a more up to date UE3 engine version.

I imagine once E3 is over, things shall become clear, or at least less foggy.

So, if that will be expansion to the base game, does it mean ,that the whole RS/RO2 will have advanced animation system and effects such as replicas and motion system(we saw it in first RO2 trailer)?

Upvote 0
So, if that will be expansion to the base game, does it mean ,that the whole RS/RO2 will have advanced animation system and effects such as replicas and motion system(we saw it in first RO2 trailer)?

No. Cinematic trailers are not gameplay footage, they are only how they want you to feel in your head when you play. Wait until they actually release concrete info.

I'd say with their advances in modding the UE3 engine, maybe we could see backwards compatibility extended to RS/RO2? I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if it's a possibility, it would be nice though.

Upvote 0