• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad 1st Infantry Division [Recruiting]

Moore

Mar 12, 2016
poster_zpsgzi2855l.png

Looking for tactical gameplay? Want to roleplay and elevate your gaming experience? We are the right address for you then!

Who are we?
We are the 1stID, a tactical / "MILSIM" unit, structured around the real life 1stID. We strive to play Rising Storm the way its meant to be player, tactical!

What is "Realism Gaming?"
What we do here is essentially "role playing" that we are members of the military. When involved in official unit activities, you will play your part. Be you a Private, Sergeant, or even a Captain or above; or be you a rifleman, squad leader, or even a Platoon Commander or above; you are here because realism in gaming is what you want. If you don't wish to participate in this manner, then this unit is likely not the place for you.

What do you need to join us?
- be 16 or above at the time of the enlistment,
- have a legit copy of the game,
- have a microphone / headset,
- have no VAC ban on record (or any-other ban)
- willing to wear Unit rank, avatar and tags on steam, ts3 in game.
- willing to obey orders and unit rules and regulations.

How to join?
Simple, navigate to our website, register and fill out the enlistment papers. Once your application is accepted, you will be greeted by our recruiter, who will guide you thru the unit rules and regulations, structure and schedule. (Under Construction)

Steam: cook193

So what are you waiting for? Does this sound like something for you? Join us today!

Last edited:
yes i no the buttons on our website are not working

How to join?
Simple, navigate to our website, register and fill out the enlistment papers. Once your application is accepted, you will be greeted by our recruiter, who will guide you thru the unit rules and regulations, structure and schedule. (Under Construction)

While discord is free for setup we do prefer teamspeak. Thank you for you feedback.

Upvote 0
Well his website is down and the image isn't working. This is about the 3rd clan he's started.

Bu yes all I'm seeing here is people mentioning features discord actually has. But not knowing discord has. Discord has a private message feature. Which is exactly what whispering is. Whisper list you say. Well you just add more people to the chat. It's called a group chat. Entirely private only those you invite can see it. Private messaging only with more people. It's essentially got the entirety of skype built into it only it's not ****. And doesn't have video. Yet.

Upvote 0
let continue the off topic then. With TS3 or Mumble you also are the owner of your personal space, no one record discussions, you're sure there will be no ads in the future and your personal datas will not be sold in the future, it's really appealing, like facebook was at start... but like facebook I'm pretty sure it will turn **** when it will be THE THING everyone will be on. I searched how they financed the project and they have 'investors' do you think these investors invest millions of dollars for peanuts? no they want like all investor something back. and pretty sure big data is one of them.

from https://discordapp.com/terms :

By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Data with the Services, you grant to us a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use Your Data, subject to the Company's Privacy Policy.

Personally I don't like it, it is shiny and all, but TS3 does exactly what I need, not less, not more.

If you prefer teamspeak it means you haven't used discord. And I mean properly used it Nobody in their right mind would prefer teamspeak over discord. Teamspeak has no advantages.

just your opinion :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think most people wouldn't give a ****.

Even then then it's only a maybe. The amount of money discord gets from its investors compared to facebook has two less zero's at the end of it. And all their investors are gaming related unlike facebook which doesn't have a focus. They don't run ads either. Something they say time and time again they don't want to do.

Upvote 0
It actually just depends on what you really want. If you want only voice communication, light text chat, full control of everything (from audio codec to advanced permission system, plugins, bots, and so on), TS is better. If you absolutely need all the fancy stuff from discord (youtube video integration in chat, voice/text chat channel separately, emoticons and other stuff like that; basically TS3 + a forum) discord may be better for you. But what really annoys me are these TOS and the fact you are not home on discord, you're on their service with all what that means... (ok you can also rent a TS3 server where you're also not home, but I really don't know anyone who rent a TS3 server everyone I know use TS3 on their own machine). The only nice thing I like with discord is that anyone can easily use it from web browser. But there is actually nothing I need from discord when I use TS3. More is not synonym of better.

Upvote 0
Everything dumpling said was missing from discord isn't missing from discord lol. Dunno what he's on about.

You Also say "the future will tell who is right until then TS3 rules". But that's not quite true is it. Because currently I'm right, you have nothing to fear from discord. But you will remain suspicious until your suspicions are confirmed. Which may never happen. So you will always remain suspicious. Therefore always be wary of discord.

Not to mention the vast majority of people who run a Teamspeak server rent a server. Especially when you want something larger that's up 24/7. And you don't have a spare computer around you can keep running a teamspeak server 24/7.

Discord is geared entirely towards communities. It copes with having 600 online users in one server fine. It can handle 100 people in a single voice channel fine. It gets updated every single month with more and more features and even more stability. Patch notes that are bigger than 3 lines. Teamspeak is just old. Even looks like it's from the 90s. It offers nothing over discord. Unless you wear a tinfoil hat.

Upvote 0
You have reading problems I don't know.

More is not BETTER. If you don't care at all about all the fancy extra useless features, that's not better. That is useless. Your point is that people are 'not in their right mind' or 'wearing tin foil hat' if they do not use discord over TS3. OK we got it, you're a fanboy, you like it. But it is not better, it has load of useless things for people who don't care about and don't need at all these useless things.

What I 'fear' is no mindless suspicions because I 'wear tin foil hat'. That something that is more likely to happen, because this is how it works. The Discord official statement about the TOS is " ho you know, it is like that because, you know, 'lawyers..' " just let me laugh LOL
I don't trust them.
I prefer to be home with a service that perfectly suits my needs (and I'm not saying home like at my house lol, I have a 512 slot licence for my server it is not hosted in my house lol), than using their service, with loads of extra features I don't need at all, where everything I write is logged and can be used against me and/or for big data reselling, maybe where what I say is also logged depending of what I say, and so on..

You know, hammers and axes are old, but people still use them.. You can buy power tools but that doesn't make your hammer and axe useless and things of the past only people not 'in their right mind' or 'wearing tin foil hat' are using. It does exactly the job you want, so... you don't NEED to buy power tools, you can if it offers you a better solution for different reasons, that's all. Honestly I don't see any reason why I should personally use Discord over TS3 it just does not bring anything to me.

edit: also I read again and there again that reminds me exactly the GMO example:
You Also say "the future will tell who is right until then TS3 rules". But that's not quite true is it. Because currently I'm right, you have nothing to fear from discord. But you will remain suspicious until your suspicions are confirmed. Which may never happen. So you will always remain suspicious. Therefore always be wary of discord.

I say GMO are bad for your health, it makes people die. You can say we need to wait because we're not sure yet, that until then we can use GMO and eat them, that currently you're right, I have nothing to fear from GMO. and so on ;)

Nope.

I say we'll see, until then I prefer to eat biological non genetically modified organism.

OK, discord does not give you cancer... yet lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's entirely irrational. What you just wrote is literally the dictionary definition of irrational.

Even with the GMO thing you have just said you'll never ever ever be convinced they're safe. Because currently they already are 100% safe. You aren't comcinced of that. Since they can't get any safer you'll never be convinced. I mean seriosuly we know the exact DNA of an organism you'd think we'd know if it wasn't safe lol. Humans have been doing genetic modifying of livestock and crops for thousands of years as well. Only difference now is we're doing it in a laboratory. Natural foods are equally likely to cause cancer.

The discord thing your fears have more of a foundation. However you are complaining about ads and data-mining rather than cancer this time around lol. Ads they'll never do. They said so, ads don't make much that much money these days especially not compared to investors and it would be a PR disaster. Data mining. For what? Not to mention many of the things you use do it without you knowing. It's a buzz word. What if actually means is studying patterns. Usually for the purpose of targeting you with specific ads you're more likely going to watch or click on. Because ads are the entire reason the Internet is free. So a lot of things do it. Windows does it loads. Youtube will do it. You don't even need to be logged into an account youtube will still do it with your computer having its own unique ID. Does it cause any harm? No. If anything any ads you do get will be less annoying. And discord doesn't even do any of that.

Literally saying "you can't be bothered to change from TS to discord" would be a better reason than your current reasons.

Upvote 0
My main point was that Discord is not BETTER it just has MORE stuff, but if you don't need these features there is no need to use discord over TS3, it is only personnal preference at this point. The analogy with GMO was just analogy (and saying GMO are 100% healthy is pure lie or misinformation or you just are not aware of the topic, I was clearly not talking about cross breeding that is naturally taking place since man grows plants but the human laboratory modification where they add animal genes into plants or **** like that, I can give you a list a clearly vicious GMO that gives you tumors or **** like that, you know there are studies that prove that (pro tip: not the studies done by the GMO creators) but whatever this is not the topic it was just analogies). My fear about Discord future is the cherry on the cake that makes me feel bad when I think about it, I think this is how it will turn, and I don't trust words over experience, there are plenty of example of amazing free services which turn into personal data reselling, and **** like that. Why would they do that? for money of course lol. I don't want to be part of that, and clearly see no reason for my needs to switch over discord. TS3 currently offer exactly what I need, voice communication with extra chat feature (which I don't really need since I need voice communication).

edit: yeah this is pure off-topic :D and we should be banned lol, but as I understand it is third opened thread from same guy and his website does not even exist lol so who cares?

Last edited:
Upvote 0