• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Hosting RS2 Beta Servers

Scheduled Beta?

Scheduled Beta?

When is your beta coming out? what is the duration of the Beta, 24 hours, a week, a month etc ...

Once your Initial release comes out, where can servers be hosted for it? e.g. will Seattle host any?

Sorry, have a ton of questions for you:

What are the capabilities of the server, being how many players will they handle/hold? will the employ latency? plugins? spectate mode? will the game/does the game, have a commander mode? would be kind cool if it did, not that players follow anyone's orders, but non the less ...
What have action have you taken to promote the game, e.g. can anyone share this information. being that there really isn't anything much online in regards to links or threads unless someone is specifically searching for a new game and just happen to cross paths with a link on YouTube ...

:IS2:

Upvote 0
Or the french community for EU who are some of the best server wizards for this game.

Cat_in_the_hat for australia too.

I used to maintain servers for an australian gaming media site. Still do technically. The website closed down but the owners decided to keep the servers running. Been 8 months and they are still going lol. 6 RO2 ones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah, yes. Internode. Those servers are actually part of the game server division of what used to be one of the country's largest (and best) ISPs, until they merged with a larger company, who has itself now been swallowed by an even larger one. They shut down the website part of things but kept the servers up for the time being. Hopefully they don't ever kill them off fully. Node used to have some of the better gaming servers in Aus (generally speaking, rather than RO2 specific).

Upvote 0
Sorry. I am a bit out dated when it comes to beta testing new games. I'm guessing the developers don't do things like they used to by allowing anyone and everyone to beta test the software.
and not using steam due to its extreme lack of navigation ability to a user that rarely use the program am also having some technical difficulties navigating to the beta section even though the opt-in has been enabled.

All this said, does a person have to pre-order the game/software to be able to beta test the game?

Personally speaking; myself and pretty much everyone I've told about this new up coming game based on Vietnam rather than World War One. people are extremely interested in the game, however by not allowing people to test the product before it's final is released all the word of fingers to keyboard (rather than word of mouth) which some of us have put into getting the word out has been a wasteful effort.

Can you possibly tell me if I'm way off on this as to being able to beta test the game ?
Hopefully I am wrong and just not a very informed user of the steam platform and the inner workings of the software ...

Upvote 0