• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To decrease load times, turn off precaching and change game cache size

One extra boost for users with low amount of RAM is to change Windows' virtual memory settings. If possible, change those settings so that your virtual memory will be on different hard drive than your operating system and The Game.

But remember, this helps only if you truly have two or more hard drives in your computer. Just two or more partitions on the same disk won't make a difference.

Friend of mine got his slow computer loading up maps in less than a minute, which is very good when compared to original 4-5 minutes.. :)

Upvote 0
i have a rubbish connection
this would be a life saver 4 me bt when i click on teh engine file i get an error message sayin tht windows needs 2 kno wat file created it to open it so im screwed plz help me and i will create a cult in ur name...:confused:

You're trying to open the INI file? Just tell it to open with Notepad or Word or any text reading program. Right click it, then click Open With - then find Notepad

Upvote 0
One sais you should optimize your Cache size and the other sais you should turn off pre-caching. Pre-caching means, that he loads stuff into the cach before the map even starts, even if he doesn't necessarily need it. For example it loads all the player models although he doesn't need all of them. This is done to reduce framrate hits if such content is used later on the game (e.g. if y player joins who needs that model). Obviously it takes longer to load then, which is why most people turn it off.
Optimizing the cache size is another thing to do, because you still need a cache, even if you don't "pre-cache".

Do both as it is stated in the tweak guide.:)

Upvote 0
Deployment/Map loading

Deployment/Map loading

Are deployment time and map loading time 2 different things? My deployment time is long. Minute or two.

I did get the ! symbol on my XP machine today telling me something about cache. I just resized my cache according to the Windows suggestion? How is this different than the game's cache?

Upvote 0
The game will use up a set ammount of memory (that you can specify) to load up resources. Pre caching is the game loading up resources before it changes to a new map (so the resources will already be there when the map loads). Turning it off means those resources will be loaded on the fly after the map loads (so it speeds up load time, but my cause a bit of stuttering once in game and you see an object for the first time as it needs to be loaded into memory)

Upvote 0