• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Aussie Server Issue

Luther

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2006
Perth, Western Australia
Well we have recently been granted a 50 slot server which brings smiles to quite a few faces, but are suffering a small upset. I for one and a few others that I know of, which means there has to be more out there, are unable to find the server in the in game web browser.
So for those that do not jump into RO by a 3rd party application (I use xfire) it is near to impossible to actually play on the server. Before it is made a suggestion, I have all my firewalls turned off and still get the issue.
It was working great and could be found when it was 40 slot so maybe in its transition something was left out? I speak to one of the server admins frequently (same clan, but no not a clan server) so that is the reason I have placed this in Dedicated Server Support. Any feedback or ideas can only narrow down the problem and remember it may not happen to everyone, but it still happens enough to put a damper on how many players we are getting.
Now here is the server and ip and it isn't advertisement as if your in this section of the forums who would buy it?

GameArena RO:Ostfront & Carpathian Crosses 50 player Server.
Server IP 203.46.105.15:22000

Just a yes or no if you are able to even see it in the server list would help.

Regards Luther

http://www.gamearena.com.au/forums/3311/index.php

Last edited:
I am going to sticky this so everyone knows:

7757 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7758 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7767 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28902 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8075 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20610 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

Updated April 11, 2008:

With the recent switch to the Steam backend, if you are running more than 1 server per IP, you will need to make sure that you have some additional ports open beyond the default RO ports. If you change the default Game Port from 7757, this change will be reflected in the Master Server Port (28902) and the Steam Port (20610) as well. For instance, if you change your game port to 7767 (10 more than the default), then your Master Server Port will be 28912 (10 more than default) and your Steam port will be 20620 (10 more than default).

with port 22000 that means 14243 more than the default port so according to the above post the master server port will be 43145 and Steam port will be 34853 so make sure that all 3 of those ports are opened up on udp.

Try running the HLDS update tool again too, the first version of this current RO one had an issue with old pings you might have that first version or something.

zip your ucc.log file or whatever the log file of your ro server is, and upload it here so i can have a look at things.
If your server doesn't show in the master server, it most likely means that it can't connect to it either you have a routing issue or something is being blocked along the way. Even though you said you put firewalls something probably still blocks traffic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0