• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Reserving slots

there were mutators for the mod that would just add another slot to the server for a clan member.......so lets say the max amoutn of players ont he server was 32 and it was full so it was 32/32 and someone with a clan member wanted to join it would be 33/32........however someone will have to make another mutator or something similar after ost comes out to do this

Upvote 0
It would be much more beneficial if slots could be reserved on a server for Clan members to use as and when.
i.e.
You are running a 32 player server and 12 slots are reserved for Clan members via a password.
So in fact only 20 slots are available for public players at anytime.
This is pretty standard with many games and would be a desirable addition for many Clans playing on and running a ROOst server.

Is this likely to be available in the release or will an add-on be requried to acheive this?

Upvote 0
ButchCassidy said:
It would be much more beneficial if slots could be reserved on a server for Clan members to use as and when.
i.e.
You are running a 32 player server and 12 slots are reserved for Clan members via a password.
So in fact only 20 slots are available for public players at anytime.
This is pretty standard with many games and would be a desirable addition for many Clans playing on and running a ROOst server.

Is this likely to be available in the release or will an add-on be requried to acheive this?
well with the mutator we were using you can do both. although the raising of slots was a better way, even if you have a 32 limit.

you set the private slots to 30, and it goes up once a member joins, once someone leaves the battle (a non member) it just prings it back down.

if you set it to 30/32 public, i think its still pretty good, because when do you have more then 2 members join in at the same time, and a non member not leaving within that time? plus you can set a limit to how high the slots raise for memeber

Upvote 0
unlike COD2 downloading mods for RO is very simple. You just connect to a server and the mods take like under 2seconds to download you just see a little blip and your done. Then you keep downloading, seems faster then http redirect for UO was. The downside was and I'm not sure if this is stil the same way in ROOST but in RO the files were downloaded to a cache file. So everytime you connect you had to redownload the files.

Upvote 0
malice said:
unlike COD2 downloading mods for RO is very simple. You just connect to a server and the mods take like under 2seconds to download you just see a little blip and your done. Then you keep downloading, seems faster then http redirect for UO was. The downside was and I'm not sure if this is stil the same way in ROOST but in RO the files were downloaded to a cache file. So everytime you connect you had to redownload the files.

No, they remain in the cache for 30 days (or whatever you set in your ini), unless jou join a server with a different version of the same mutator. then, it might be overwritten. Also, there is a cache.ini inside the cache folder, telling oyu which file is what, sou you could simply rename them and put them in the proper folder (Maps, textures, mutators etc...) There are also some tools available doing this automatically.

Upvote 0
Paulski said:
well with the mutator we were using you can do both. although the raising of slots was a better way, even if you have a 32 limit.

you set the private slots to 30, and it goes up once a member joins, once someone leaves the battle (a non member) it just prings it back down.

if you set it to 30/32 public, i think its still pretty good, because when do you have more then 2 members join in at the same time, and a non member not leaving within that time? plus you can set a limit to how high the slots raise for memeber

*bump*

Any movement on this??
Thx :)

Upvote 0
reserve slots work with serverext but there are some minor flaws... like the limit not going back down once ppl leave.
ilaast night i joined in as reserve, and our server stayed at 33 Player limit till i reset it in webadmin and map restarted. I guess you can use kick option instead of raise limit.

if you need help setting it up. just ask. ill write a quick tutorial

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Paulski said:
reserve slots work with serverext but there are some minor flaws... like the limit not going back down once ppl leave to level it off.
i guess you can use kick option instead of raise limit.

if you need help setting it up. just ask. ill write a quick tutorial

I could definitely use some help with this one. I dumped the ServerExt.ut4mod file into my system directory, made the appropriate changes to my RedOrchestra.ini file and restarted but I don't see any way to configure/activate the mutator in the web admin as the documentation suggests.

A quick FAQ/tutorial would be great.

Upvote 0