• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Coloured Server Messages

You have to use the Message Colorizer for UT that can be found by googling around.
It creates you a kind of colourtag to put in front of the text to be colored.
But remember: ServerAdsSE only supports a limited total number of chars for all messages! The colortag also counts therein. So more colour means less text! All text over the limit is just cut of, so you will have to find the optimal setting by trial and error (as we all did :( )

Upvote 0
Hi Ronin,

maybe you check my Message-tool, which is able, to send colored textmessages to the webadmin, which then displays these messages. The description on the homepage is in german, but the programs are in english and very simple to use.

C200_ROSCoAds is the tool you can run on your desktop PC (Windows)
C200_ROServerControl is the tool, which runs on a windows server

BUT... you must have access to the WebAdmin!

Upvote 0
Jack,

I don't know, which two tools you used. But, these "weird chars before text" are the secret, how the colorized text works ;-)) Its the nonprintable char 27, followed by the separated values for red, green and blue. If you copy the text to the ServerAds, you must copy these weird chars also.

Maybe you check my tool also. On my Homepage go to "Downloads" and get the "C200_ROSCoAds.zip". The description is in German, but the program itself is in english and easy to use. And, BTW, the colorizer works well :)

Cobra200

Upvote 0
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/member.php?u=7240, i know that they are the key if you want colored messages. The thing is that if i copy it from that software, the result is for example:
"(some weird char(s)) my message" <-- "my message" is in the completly wrong color. For example if i select blue, i will get brown and so on.. And yes, i do copy the whole thing.. It's weird i'm telling you..

Still haven't tried copying the colored text into config file itself.. need to try that..

Upvote 0