• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: ROSantaHatMut

Case

Data Hippo... in the pants
Nov 21, 2005
Santa Fe, NM
HO HO HO! In the spirit of the holidays (and at the request of Zetsumei :p) a new version of the classic Santa Hat mutator has been released! This is a simple mutator. Enable it on your server and ALL headgear will be replaced with Santa Hats. Download the rar file linked below and unrar it in your RO folder. Enable the mutator in your server's webadmin or add "?Mutator=ROSantaHatMut.ROSantaHatMut" to your server's commandline.

Special thanks to:
- Zetsumei for asking me to recreate this classic
- Gitano for creating the new Santa Hat model
- DickyBird and BobJoel for the texture, packaging and testing
- JCoquillon for testing

http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~tcr/ROSantaHatMutv1.rar

You should add some more stuff to it, like turning the satchels into present boxes, grenades into cookies and smoke-nades into stockings, you should even put a red bow around the Panzerfaust pickups. And from the sound of it, make the santa hats fit a little better, and maybe give one of the teams or specific classes green elf hats instead.

But I strongly suggest you dont add anything like new sounds or christmas music. Usually in mods like this its sounds that get irritating while everything else is fine.

Also, when I click on the link in the origional post, instead of a file to download all I get is a page of random letters and symbols.

Is there another location I can download this mutator from?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some Screenies

Some Screenies

Here are some screenshots.
santa1dg3.jpg

santa2iv3.jpg

I made some more, but strangely RO just saved a part of the whole screen(also the explanation of the bad qualitity, sorry about it)...:confused:

Upvote 0
You should add some more stuff to it, like turning the satchels into present boxes, grenades into cookies and smoke-nades into stockings, you should even put a red bow around the Panzerfaust pickups. And from the sound of it, make the santa hats fit a little better, and maybe give one of the teams or specific classes green elf hats instead.

But I strongly suggest you dont add anything like new sounds or christmas music. Usually in mods like this its sounds that get irritating while everything else is fine.

Also, when I click on the link in the origional post, instead of a file to download all I get is a page of random letters and symbols.

Is there another location I can download this mutator from?

ROFL, The comprehensive Christmas mutator. Well, maybe for next year when we have a little more time to work on it. That's a lot of modeling, texturing and animating to do. :p This was a rush job. If you right-click on the link and select "Save As..." or "Save Link Target As..." (whatever your browser says) you should be able to grab the file.

Upvote 0
I seem to be having a problem with the santa hat. Ive actually added it to my command line, and after it goes a map, and changes... the hats dont come back. Is there a setting im missing somewhere?

If you have mapvoting enabled make sure that the mutator is selected

in defaults -> voting gameconfig

instead of

current -> mutators

Upvote 0