• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

Sepp do you have a copy of Dual in the mist?

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann
no i don't actually, the book is verry expensive and the few free images were verry usefull, besides i went to the village last summer and took pics!

but PM me if you got any info, you can become a DH historian if you want ;)
anyways don't use my sig as a reference if you have the book, the map has changed alot since!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Release Update Part 2: Tanks a million

NOTE THIS IS LAST WEEKS PRESS RELEASE THAT DID NOT MAKE IT ONTO THE FORUMS FOR SOME REASON

We what a week it has been over at the Darkest Hour mod. As is always the way with developing a modification there are trials and barricades put in our way and as this last week has shown the DH team has the perseverance and determination to overcome them. Continuing on with our shorter sharper​

Upvote 0
Looks great,but there is one thing which is embarassing me,there is no grass on the ground,are u planning to add this or not?

erm take a look at RO maps, if you mean deco layer grass we have it in some maps but its not full grass deco grass brings the UE2.5 engine to a crawl even on a small map like brecourt we had to significantly cut down on the amount of grass being used.

Upvote 0
DH Rel Update Part 3: Rule Britannia!

DH Rel Update Part 3: Rule Britannia!

Darkest Hour Release Update Part 3: Rule Britannia!

Another week has flown by already but as promised we'll keep bringing you new stuff if we can. This week is no different. First off we're finally showing you our Brit infantry in game. Please note, before we get a lot of complaints, the Brits pictured are wearing the MkIII helmet the MkII helmet is also in game I just didn't take any screenshots of it. The Brits will be helping push the Germans back on several of our Tank and Combined arms map as well as having their own Infantry map with the first release.

Our second British Commonwealth related image this month is the astonishingly huge Le Mesnil Patry. This Canadian tank map was created by {Snipe}Bando and promises to be tank heaven for those of you who like the larger RO armor maps.

The last thing we are proud to unveil is the reworking of our GI model. After 18 months in development we felt that the old GI from way back when we started in December '06 simply didn't cut the mustard anymore. Tman has modeled two outstanding variants for us one with an assault vest and the other with the standard issue jacket. Both were textured by Aeneas2020.

In other mod news I would like to post a thank you to Psycho_Chicken who has been helping us sort out our website, forums and ftp in the wake of recent troubles. Also please join us all in welcoming Pro to the team, he'll be joining myself on the Texture team and I am sure you will be seeing some of his work very soon.

Until Next Time,
Aeneas2020 & the DH Team

Upvote 0