• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

Something on your site makes my Firefox crash. Can you fix that please.

Trailer looks great guys

Works fine here in 2.0. Which version are you using?

To Darkest Hour: are you guys still planning on implementing other nationalities? There was an awful lot of american flag in that trailer. What you guys do is totally up to you, I was just looking forward to seeing some Canadians. :)

Also, there's a spelling mistake in the stills of the Sherman: mdoels

Nice update

Upvote 0
nationalities? There was an awful lot of american flag in that trailer. What you guys do is totally up to you, I was just looking forward to seeing some Canadians. :)

Yeah thats what I thought- didn't your logo used to have 3 different flags represented? this mod does have commonwealth forces still I take it?
You still have 2 British tanks under the media section, and mention 'Britain and her Empire' at the bottom of home page text.

Although I do understand you may want to concentrate on the US- it's definately not worth including Brit+Canada at all if they haven't got much to do - especally if their involvment is limited to the cliche 'commando' type missions.

Upvote 0
The reason there was an American Flag in the Trailer was because it was the trailer for the 'Dog Green Omaha Map' :) as it's our primary release.

British and Canadians are planed. Check the Media Gallery on the Website to see we've been working on British content, much more to come ;)

For the first time ever the spelling mistake wasn't mine. Aeneas did the stills ::p

Upvote 0
Although I do understand you may want to concentrate on the US- it's definately not worth including Brit+Canada at all if they haven't got much to do - especally if their involvment is limited to the cliche 'commando' type missions.

hell man, that would be a real waste. the British and Canadians did quite a lot of fighting at Gold, Sword and Juno and beyond, most people in North America just don't hear about it because the Americans' actions in that operation tend to overshadow everybody else's. if you want a good example of some of the actions that commonwealth troops (specifically Canadian) were involved in on D-Day, I'd suggest getting the books Juno Beach and Holding Juno by Mark Zuehlke from your local library if it has them.

Upvote 0
yeah guys....look at the title of the trailer its the Dog Green trailer...wud look a bit wierd with the brit flag flying, we have a lot of british and canadian stuff goin one but as DG is our primary release we aren't revealing what yet, just be assured some of the maps are classics ;) and some of the content will be cool...

p.s. Bocage is a british map but i used the DH us logo for consitency....and the spelling mistake is my fault 22 hours days dont mix with PR work.

p.p.s at those who think the brits and canadians didnt do much in normandy really should check their history....unlike what call of duty wud have u belive the brits werent just some jolly guys all wearing red berets (oh man how much did that piss me off) who ran around with their moustaches blowing up bridges so...

YES THE BRITS AND COMMONWEALTH FORCES WILL BE IN GAME....sorry for caps just to draw your attention to it, but this is an american trailer similar justice will be paid to the brits with a nice churchill speech....bonus credit can go to whoever can tell me who Hugh Dalton was without using wikipedia (and what he created).

Upvote 0
p.p.s at those who think the brits and canadians didnt do much in normandy really should check their history....unlike what call of duty wud have u belive the brits werent just some jolly guys all wearing red berets (oh man how much did that piss me off) who ran around with their moustaches blowing up bridges so...

Oh no, I wasn't saying that they didn't have much to do, and I don't think that you guys believed that either.
However you are only going to produce what your team wants to re-create, and if that involves predominantly US engagements I would be worried that Commonwealth stuff might seem very much overshadowed, with maybe a couple of token maps. If that was the case then I believe they would hardly be worth adding at all.

Over voicechat in Ro the other day I heard some guys talking about DH being a US vs. Ger mod, and I thought the Stars and stripes may be a new logo showing that the mod had taken that direction.
But everything's cleared up now and all's good.

Although they did carry out many daring covert missions, I never understood why the Brits+Co on the western front seem portrayed only as quirky, eccentric commando types - brave, but not to be taken too seriously, as they weren't really involved in the thick of the fighting. I'd hate to think that after such an incredible team effort certain allies disliked to giving too much credit to others.
I mean, even the film SPR couldn't resist a needless, yet telling critisism of Monty.

Back OnT, it looks great good work. And BTW, I prefer Bovril

Upvote 0
Although they did carry out many daring covert missions, I never understood why the Brits+Co on the western front seem portrayed only as quirky, eccentric commando types - brave, but not to be taken too seriously, as they weren't really involved in the thick of the fighting. I'd hate to think that after such an incredible team effort certain allies disliked to giving too much credit to others.
I mean, even the film SPR couldn't resist a needless, yet telling critisism of Monty.

Its because the British employed several tactics in the war including covert operations. Where as the Americans just bombed and shelled the s**t out of eveything and sent in troops to clear up the mess rambo stylie.

Wheras the British are a bit more subtle and wanted to keep the lovely country side in tact. Also a nobel charge costs a lot less than 50 2,000 lb bombs!

*Warning, this post may contain sarcasm and very broad generalisations.*

Upvote 0
Pilot Release:
Omaha Beach: Dog Green Sector (American)
First Release Phase:
2 American Maps, 2 British Maps, 2 Canadian Maps
These maps were announced months ago, for more details look in our forums.
Second Release Phase:
Not telling!!! :p yet....

Once the Pilot is released priority is shifted over to the 6 first release maps these maps are being developed simultaneously and work has already started on them.

Upvote 0
I'm looking forwards to "Pegasus Bridge".
It's one of those "quirky para" mission, but to hold the bridge, not blow it up.
I'm just hoping for that map, under the taunts voice commands, the Brits get to say "Ham and Jam".:p

EDIT: The end of that map should be signalled with bagpipes. :D
Does anyone know what the Commandos would have been playing when they approached the bridge?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh no, I wasn't saying that they didn't have much to do, and I don't think that you guys believed that either.
However you are only going to produce what your team wants to re-create, and if that involves predominantly US engagements I would be worried that Commonwealth stuff might seem very much overshadowed, with maybe a couple of token maps. If that was the case then I believe they would hardly be worth adding at all.

Over voicechat in Ro the other day I heard some guys talking about DH being a US vs. Ger mod, and I thought the Stars and stripes may be a new logo showing that the mod had taken that direction.
But everything's cleared up now and all's good.

sry to go offtopic but you do realize that we where at war way before america and we along with the canadians had as much a big involvment on D-Day as the americans, you only hear about the american side because they landed on a well defended beach and they mucked up their landing. Nearly 90% of war films nowadays are american and always make them seem they where the only soldiers fighting the germans, thats why i like films like the Longest Day, Bridge too far, stalingrad, dasboot, etc

Whirlwind is right about the biritsh not destroying everything, they even had a rule that they could not destroy buildings, etc without confirmation that the enemy are there, so tanks couldnt just fire at a building without a good reason and this is held up to this day with our troops.

Last edited:
Upvote 0