• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tutorials Thread

jaboo224

Nov 21, 2005
Ok i thought i would start one off here.

Post tutorials about Art, Modelling, Skinning, Texturing, Mapping and anything to do with customizing! Even post plugins and other great items that might be useful for Customizing :)

i will edit the first post frequently!

3ds max
-
Sourceblog
- Various tutorials (most sourceblog.net)
- Modelling a glock Slide
- 3dtotal
- 3dbuzz

Maya
- 3dtotal
- 3dbuzz

XSI
- 3dtotal

Texturing / Skinning
-
Sourceblog (featuring tutorials from Red Orchestra's own Polygon :p)
- st.burst.cc (sourceblog has most of the tuts but not all)
- Skindom (some really old quake tutorials some might find useful)
- Qbranch (this has one the best cloth skinning tutorial out there)
- 3dtotal

Art

Plugins

Last edited:
maya exporting

maya exporting

UT2004 came with a Maya PLE 5.0 plugin to export stuff to UED3. When I was using it to export to RO for my now cancelled level it would place the package in the ..\UT2004\staticmeshes\.. statics folder rather than ..\UT2004\Red Orchestra\staticmeshes\.. folder. So when you try to import several static meshes in there and use them in your level you end up with two(1 in each folder) of the same package somehow and if you run the level on a test machine half of the references in your level dont work. I would like to ditch the MayaPLE 5.0 and UTplugin and use the latest MayaPLE for RO:O. Can anyonetel me or point me to some tuts on how to export from maya to a UTpackage (I would import (textures) into the map package for some things like terrain, but statics i would like to export to a separate package. This makes it a lot easier if you need to redo the map

Last edited:
Upvote 0