• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Problems with exporting to SDK

Hello everyone,

This post is aimed at those of you whom have successfully imported a 3d model from 3DS max into the SDK. I am having trouble with my exporting process, I use 3DS max 2013 along with the ActorX plugin for import/export .psk models. I have uv-mapped the model using the uvwunrap modifier, also added bones and linked them to form a skeleton (for the .psk)

I have the basic plain grey texture applied to my model but it gives me slots for 5 materials (x-model info.txt), this I think is due to the 5 object parts (moving parts) which make up the model in game. I have used the link option in Max to assign these objects to the bones and they move/rotate properly in max, however once exported everything seems to go wrong...:mad:

I can get the model into the SDK but the I can't get the texture to take to the model properly, it's as if all the uvmapped data is somehow lost? Or perhaps there is something I am not doing??

Ladies/Gentleman your help would be greatly appreciated :IS2:

Regards
Cpl Jonno

Well I finally managed to export part of the model with textures and uvmap and it looks good, so as long as I get the second part in the same way I shall do a mini tutorial of the process for those who are interested.......

In the meantime I found a very interesting book (pdf) which really helped and would recommend it to all aspiring modders!

3DS Max Modelling for Games 2nd Edition by Andrew Gahan.

Upvote 0