• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics PTRD AT Help

I'm wondering if anyone could give me some tips on using the russian AT class?

I'm not quite clear on the key points to hit an enemy tank in order to do the most damage with this gun.

Could anyone help me?

Generally, I find it effective to aim at the veiwports on the German tanks if shooting from the front, and at the ammo boxes/engines if shooting at the side. Check out the tank diagrams in the download sections to find the locations of these.

For Panthers and Tigers, you're going to have a hell of a time, and I just generally skip trying to attack them altogether with the PTRD.

Upvote 0
Most important thing when you are attacking any tank with a PTRD is that you have to be placed perpendicular ( 90 degrees) to your target, for maximum effect.

If you don't have 90 degrees, then move , so that you do have the required angle, that will allow you to damage them.

And, as mentioned above, have a look at the tank hit boxes. You can kill any tank with one shot from a PTRD if you know where to hit it. (Yes ANY tank) To do that though, you are going to need some practice

Upvote 0
A nice place to hit Panthers or Tigers, I find, is to go behind them, and fire at the little circular hatch or something off the centre of the back.

I was just going to say the same. Just sneak behind them and balst your heart out!

Also the PTRD makes a hell of a sniper. You can hit targets at really great distances and the best part is that you don't have to correct much at all for bullet drop. Just lead a bit if he's moving, but otherwise, just aim and shoot (it also always kills with one shot AND you can see the gory aftermath at a distance!).

Upvote 0
Generally, I find it effective to aim at the veiwports on the German tanks if shooting from the front, and at the ammo boxes/engines if shooting at the side. Check out the tank diagrams in the download sections to find the locations of these.

For Panthers and Tigers, you're going to have a hell of a time, and I just generally skip trying to attack them altogether with the PTRD.

I've had good results by shooting them in the rear. Panthers seem especially sensitive to steel enemas.

Upvote 0
I was just going to say the same. Just sneak behind them and balst your heart out!

Also the PTRD makes a hell of a sniper. You can hit targets at really great distances and the best part is that you don't have to correct much at all for bullet drop. Just lead a bit if he's moving, but otherwise, just aim and shoot (it also always kills with one shot AND you can see the gory aftermath at a distance!).

PTRD sniping is honestly one of my favourite activities. The bullet has minimal drop, and I've picked off targets at 800m with it. Also, I like to imagine how ridiculous it would be to be killed by an AT bullet.

Upvote 0
PTRD sniping is honestly one of my favourite activities. The bullet has minimal drop, and I've picked off targets at 800m with it. Also, I like to imagine how ridiculous it would be to be killed by an AT bullet.

Coupled with the fact I read somewhere that shooting an AT rifle in prone position is one of the best ways to waste your collar bone. But that might have been about ww1 AT rifles

Upvote 0
Ptrd

Ptrd

Sniping with PTRD is fun. You can take a guy at Berezina's first line from the trenches in Second Line -- just lead him a bit if he's running.

As for tanks, you can sometimes one-shot a Tiger, but I put it down to luck; don't depend on it. For PzIV and III: aim at the machine gun if facing you, or shoot low and aft of the turret if broadside.

Upvote 0