• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Incremental Throttle (mainly Tanks)

Boz

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2006
Florida
1st off let me start by saying I don't use this. I have tried to use it but I don't seem to have as good a control over starts and stops if this option is checked. Yes I like the fact that you can creep along at 25% and kind of look for targets at this speed, but you might as well go full out then full stop and you are at a serious disadvantage to a solo tanker who switches postions and has the tank instantly stop for him for sure.

So, to those that use it. What is the advantages in your opinion? How do you tactically employ this feature? I know that firing the main gun at full throttle is useless most of the time. Does traveling at 25% have the same effect on the shots? Looking for some insights here.

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4823&highlight=incremental

I made a poll regarding this when OST first came out.

I dont use it but would still be just as good a driver with it on. But what peed the hell out of me, was teaming up with someone who didnt have a clue how to use it and wouldnt stop anywhere NEAR where you wanted them to!!

I say its got its uses, but the driver has got to know how to stop, ie HIT SPACE!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I knew this from solo tanking, so I saw that as a huge advantage if you could not instantly stop your tank yourself. Until I knew about the space bar I would just hit the back button and slow come to a stop which, just gets you killed and your gunner pissed off. So with this distatvantage, no matter what positives the incremental might have who could possibly use it....or so I thought before the "space bar" knowledge.

Upvote 0
I tend to use incremental for tanks only. As you stated I find it easier to creep along at slow, controlled speeds and to me it's better for adjusting angles or for overall tank positioning, which is also helpful to your gunner. Since I only use other vehicles for short periods of time and usually want to move as fast as possible to avoid getting knocked out by tanks or infantry, I stick to the standard throttle; this way I can move as quickly and safely as possible from point A to point B without getting killed.

Upvote 0