• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics How To Kill Angled Soviet Tanks

Sichartshofen

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
A problem that has plagued German tankers for years can now be over come.

The magic spot is the drivers hatches. Hit that dead on and the round will cause damage even though it deflects. After 2-3 direct hits the russian tank explodes. Any russian tank can be destroyed by any German tank using this method. This works at any range as well. This can be applied to both stock tanks and armored beasts.

To demonstrate the effectiveness of this I used the PzIV F1 to destroy angled IS-2's, T34's and KV1's head on.

VIDEO: http://files.filefront.com/AngledSovietTankswmv/;9891061;/fileinfo.html

Pay very close attention as to how I am aiming at the hatch in this video. Remember the guns are off set to the right of the actual sight which in turn makes the shell trajectory slightly off to the right. I always aim on the left edge of a hatch to compensate for this.

angledtanks01em8.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I can kill them all with the T-60 on the hatches ( both with AB 2.07 probably 2.8 as well havent checked and stock tanking) I made a vid awhile back before my hard drive died on me. On the German tanks on stock tanking for you russian tankers there is a funny hovering weak spot that is actually floating a bit above the Driver's front plate( Panzers III ,IV, Tiger possibly on Panther) I and one in the rear floating just above the left filter pipes on the Tiger I and on the T-34 there is a funny floating one near the cylinders.

Upvote 0
Good luck hitting those hatches from 500+m, going to be hard to put this into effect on maps like Orel where there is a lot of open space, and not enough cover. Other than the IS2, I've been always aiming for the closest front wheel when they were angled, and with the kv1s, its hard to find someone who does angle it correctly to deflect inoming shells.

Upvote 0