• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Arty In Arad Very Effective

dudeeaterkiller

May 26, 2007
I hated arad mostly because i suck at using tanks but thats not the point. Once i used artillery and destroyed 8 tanks from a building with a radio on it on the russian side. we one the game because of me. the second an enemy tanks stops and looks like it is setting up for a fight call arty and it will be destroyed, by supporting your russian armor you can win the game easily. Note: I am not a super expert guy (not a noob eithier) and just found this tactic is extrememly effective (until i was finnally flushed out by four germans)

Reactions: Hummer9120
That's not tactics, that's just spamming with arty. In Arad, arty is mostly targeted to the villages, to smoke out the infantry, which sometimes is far more dangerous than tanks. If there's a large consentration of tanks on fields so what? You can get them using tanks and not wasting arty, and besides you'll get more of your units than enemy ones. And I don't see a point of posting this here - are you showing off your lucky shots, or are you proving the fact that noobies can win the round just with spamming arty? That's why I always get arty spotters via MG in a tank - they piss me off.

Upvote 0
Ye arty is effective... i dunno why he posted this here, but let him, better to post this, than nothing. Karabiner, nice Sig, and watch this!

trooper.jpg

AUSTRIA for the win ;) thats the pic of trooper i wanted to give you. ^^

Upvote 0
That's not tactics, that's just spamming with arty.
Really. Lets see what the definition of tactics is....

1. a. The military science that deals with securing objectives set by strategy, especially the technique of deploying and directing troops, ships, and aircraft in effective maneuvers against an enemy: Tactics is a required course at all military academies.
b. Maneuvers used against an enemy: Guerrilla tactics were employed during most of the war.

2. A procedure or set of maneuvers engaged in to achieve an end, an aim, or a goal.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Tactics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrage_%28artillery%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artillery

Are you saying that using artillery is not a tactic? So, if this guys strategy is using a weapon, artillery, to keep enemy tanks from setting up in positions that could cause casualties on his team, then he is using a strategy, or a tactic. If you want to funnel enemy troops to a certain area by using artillery to drive them to a place other then where the arty is falling, that sounds like a tactic (strategy) as well.

In Arad, arty is mostly targeted to the villages, to smoke out the infantry, which sometimes is far more dangerous than tanks.
What? The EI just runs inside a building for 2 minutes and wait for the arty to subside. Perhaps in real life where soldiers are in dug in their fighting positions or are moving in a linear motion, then maybe. In Arad, the EI just go around the barrage.

And I don't see a point of posting this here - are you showing off your lucky shots, or are you proving the fact that noobies can win the round just with spamming arty? That's why I always get arty spotters via MG in a tank - they piss me off.
Probably because the topic of this forum is "Red Orchestra Tactics All About Tactics

Upvote 0
ro50pc,

There's a distinct difference between the proper, directed use of arty, and spamming arty on a handful of tanks. The former can be devestating, the latter is just annoying to the player getting killed and wasteful to the team who's doing the spamming.

In some cases arty spam can cause a team to lose a match. Example, on Arad last night, it was near impossible to cap North Villiage as the Germans because our SL kept repeatedly calling in arty right on the village.

Arty Spam != proper arty use.

EDIT: We also don't need the dictionary definitions and wiki articles on camping (which, by the way, has nothing to do with what we're talking about, way to make a false comparison).

Upvote 0