• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Squad Leader

Just remember to keep these factors in mind with a SL.

One death from a SL is worth 5 normal soldier deaths. That means it'll cost 5x the reinforcements when a SL dies.

The SL counts for 1.5 soldiers in a capzone.
Meaning that if there are 8 normal allied troops in a cap zone and 9 normal axis troops in a cap zone, one allied Sl will make the cap start to happen.

SL must not neglect artillery if desired effect in battle is wanted.

Sl must not put smoke in ****ty locations. Good spots would be ideally spots the cover the enemies field of view, and when on defense perhaps even blinding the enemy so when they move through the smoke, you can see them inside of it but they cannot see you. It's like shooting blind chickens.

A ****ty location would be a spot that makes it so that your team has to actually run through smoke. If the enemy is on the other side of the smoke, your screwed. ANother ****ty smoke spot is one that BLOCKS your teams field of view. You don't want to do that.

A good SL has common sense, which not many people have.

Upvote 0
arty arty arty. SL should put arty down first thing where it catches the main Line of Advance for the enemy or the major defense point, depending on whether you're attacking or defending.

Then they should throw the smoke as far forward as possible (if attacking), or somewhere blocking the enemies support units, preferably so that the enemy has to run through the smoke to attack you, leaving them blind until it's too late.

And when attacking should always try to get into the capzones, since they count more than a regular trooper.

Upvote 0
the sl has smoke nades, and ususaly the best weapon, theres no fking excuse to be sitting way the hell back in nowhere land with SL. when i used to command alot i was at the front lines, mainly because i could smoke best from there, and i counted double in the cap zones, all the wussie SL's who sit back on maps with no arty make me itch with bad thoughts about bayonets....

Upvote 0
the sl has smoke nades, and ususaly the best weapon, theres no fking excuse to be sitting way the hell back in nowhere land with SL. when i used to command alot i was at the front lines, mainly because i could smoke best from there, and i counted double in the cap zones, all the wussie SL's who sit back on maps with no arty make me itch with bad thoughts about bayonets....

This depends on the situation. If you've got lots of teamwork, and can get a squad up there with the SL, then yes, they should be attacking. The defensive SL often can stay in the cap zone, or perhaps a bit behind it, and call out incoming targets with his field glasses on larger maps.

I like to play German SL on Kriegstadt sometimes if there's a good group of team-players. Especially defending the Bank, I just sit up in the windows and call out incoming tanks and positions of enemy infantry. Helps the Pantherturm to stay effective and directs our MGs also.

Upvote 0