• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Trading Sniping notes.

You can also look at leading a person with a rifle differently.

You as a rifleman really are not hitting anything. It's the person doing the running, he's simply killing himself, yes folks it's similar to suicide. He's simply running into your bullets...:D

This is how I use my rifle.

I just point my gun in front of the person about the distance of a standing person and depending on if they are running or walking, and the distance means absolutely NOTHING, you put the gun just in front and then fire as soon as the person enters your site. If you simply put your site right on the guy and fire you will miss him by the same amount. Just leave your site even 20 steps in front of the guy it doesn't matter, but leaving your sites stationary is the key, he'll run straight into your site and as soon as he does you fire, bingo another bullet suicide.:D

Then you have your guys who think they are not going to get hit by doing the old serpentine, just see how he is doing it and just put your site where you know he's going to be on one of his serpentine and bingo he'll run right into your bullet again...:D

The key is to NEVER have your gun MOVING, meaning following the guy, just put it on the screen and let the individual run INTO your line of site, humans are creatures of habit and they will always be more than willing to step right into your bullets.

I also noticed someone said about sniping with a rifle over a sniper, I'll do it better any day and no I'm not bragging just ask those who've been on the other end. There isn't a single pixel on screen that I can't hit. I'm WAY better with a bolt over semi or sniper rifle any day. I too am ALWAYS in the caps, and I can't understand why I can die and be back in any cap in less than 10-20 seconds and from spawn and then remain in the caps for several minutes, when it takes other players a whole round just to find it...

Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0