• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Questions about Tanks...

Colt .45 killer if u take angled panther on the side of gun turret. It only means that the panther wasn't in perfect angle against your shot and you got to shoot from the flank.

Panther in perfect 1 & 11 angle, is the hardest tank to destroy. And to mention that it can just put it's frontal armour against all tanks, but IS2.

1. Cover, learn to drive so u are hull down but with small movement can see very well to all directions. If u don't have heavy tank, 1-2 shots then drive out of sight to reload. This way u might live longer if u do it right.

2. I can shoot everything angled, but perfectly angled panther still gives me trouble. Sometimes it does damage to it and sometimes it doesn't. T-34 & IS2 both have the same sweet spot even when they are angled where u have to shoot to do damage. Hull down angled IS2 & T-34 is very hard to destroy. But so are almost all tanks.

3. And if u try to move to get better shot to flank or front armour, move with your tank angled at all times to the enemy, when he shoots and it doesn't kill u. U can move forward between when he is reloading, but get back to angle when he is close to shoot again. Heavy tanks IS2/Tiger/Panther can perform this trick easily, but so can other tanks too.

Upvote 0
Isnt that the beauty of this game? It takes time to become a good shot, or a good driver, and even longer to be a good team player. Lessons are learned every game. Why did I get killed? Why is every round I fire bouncing off? How come this guy is yelling at me to stop the tank?

If things are moving too fast try a map with fewer players.

Upvote 0
Problem with this is every "Mike Wittman" and "Otto Carius" does the same thing, and the Germans end up getting raped because they don't actually cap anything.

VERY good point- which is why I always try and take my Tigers into the field with at least one or two wingmen (maybe in PzIII's) so they can do the run-and-cap thing while I overwatch with The Big Gun.

It's one thing to snipe and rack up lots of 1000m+ kills, but if you're not advancing the mission you're wasting your time. Knowing when to snipe and when to move up is a hard thing for a lot of new tankers (especially German crews) to learn; it's too much of a temptation to always engage at max ranges with TIgers and Panthers.

In short: Know your equipment and all of its' advantages- but even more so, be aware of its' limitations.

Upvote 0
EXACTLY. You have to engage at your effective ranges. If you're sniping with a Pz III against T-34s, you're not using your tank effectively. If you're charging into close quarters with a Tiger, you're also not using it effectively. But this is where the teamwork comes in.

The Tiger has to provide covering fire so that the Pz IIIs can get in close enough to cap and kill the enemy, BUT THEN THE TIGER NEEDS TO MOVE UP. You're not leapfrogging your forces, but you've got to move the entire team up AS a team, using the same basic principle, and maximizing the effectiveness of your equipment.

To put it in "infantry only" terms, the way I see it, Tigers are your long range "snipers." The Stug IIIs are like your "bolt action riflemen." Both should be providing cover for the "SMG" guys (the Pz IIIs) to get in close where they can do damage. The Pz IVs are your more versatile "semi-auto riflemen". They can operate at mid range, or in close. The thing is, as with any infantry map, the whole team needs to move up at once. If everyone hangs back and snipes on Odessa, you lose. Same thing with a tank map.

Upvote 0