• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics How to Handle T34/76s

Well, I'm a humanist and thus no mathematician, so there must be a better way to explain this, but all you have to do is imagine that you are sitting in your glorious Axis tank facing a Russian, who manages to get a shot at you.

Now, can you see the shell approaching? Good. If you are facing it head-on, and the shot arrives at a 90-degree angle to your armour, it will have to pass through X amount of armour, say, 14 inches. Pretty impressive, but not always enough!

Now, imagine the same shell hitting the same 14-inch armour from an angle of, say, 45 degrees... If the shell does not veer to the side and bounce off because of the angle (the best-case-scenario), it has to penetrate much more armour before it's in the crew compartment killing ur d00dz (the worst-case scenario), according to the Pythagorean theorem. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

So, angle your tank accordingly. If you keep your enemy at about 1 o'clock or 11 o'clock from your tank chassis, you're not doing much wrong.

Upvote 0