• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Cheap kills on Snowy Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Aug 11, 2006
Ok, some of you are probably gonna have issues with this tactic, but it's within the framework of the map and it works so I used it. This map seems to fairly difficult for the Russians to gain ground on, atleast on public servers where this kind of thing is easiest to pull off.

So I went Russian MG and flanked left, way left to the invisible wall beside the forest. Usually there's only one guy covering the far flank. Then I cut around until I got behind the enemy spawn. Because the spawns aren't protected by magical minefields in this map except for the furthest one I got into a nice position behind their respawn with a sweeping field of fire and proceeded to mow down about 3 or 4 waves of reinforcements. This gave the rest of my team the time to capture the objectives. Eventually someone kills me when I'm reloading but I just go back and do it again to the next spawn area.

The mapper should probably do something to fix this, like not grouping spawning players so close together or putting convenient pillboxes right behind them but it was pretty fun.

Ok, some of you are probably gonna have issues with this tactic, but it's within the framework of the map and it works so I used it. This map seems to fairly difficult for the Russians to gain ground on, atleast on public servers where this kind of thing is easiest to pull off.

So I went Russian MG and flanked left, way left to the invisible wall beside the forest. Usually there's only one guy covering the far flank. Then I cut around until I got behind the enemy spawn. Because the spawns aren't protected by magical minefields in this map except for the furthest one I got into a nice position behind their respawn with a sweeping field of fire and proceeded to mow down about 3 or 4 waves of reinforcements. This gave the rest of my team the time to capture the objectives. Eventually someone kills me when I'm reloading but I just go back and do it again to the next spawn area.

The mapper should probably do something to fix this, like not grouping spawning players so close together or putting convenient pillboxes right behind them but it was pretty fun.

The problem with that is that it is blantant spawnkilling, which is kick/bannable offense on most servers. A map exploit such as this certainly should not be encouraged.

Upvote 0
This is blatant spawn camping and exploitation, and it's a sorry shame that you feel that's the only way you can win.

Any server admin would be fully within their rights to kick or ban you. If you find a map exploit, you should be responsible enough to report it to the map's creator so it can be corrected - not exploit it yourself.

Keep these cheating tactics off the servers - they ruin the game for everyone else.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.