• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics best place to hit german tanks with the PTRD?

Ah glad you got it figured out :)
Yes motion blur if unchecked will give you some weird black screen.

I have many servers without bots showing up in my list:
Those are just a few that have more then 24 players, and no bots at the moment.

[NANO]Red Orchestra. Over 18's Only! 85.236.100.136:7757
[PL] Festung-Breslau.pl & Red.Orchestra.pl & Aster.pl 212.76.32.54:7757
<RTR> RIGHT TO REBEL Infantry Only Server 63.209.36.203:7757
thedamnedpriests.de1>TDP< +costumsmaps 87.106.2.94:7757
[5.SS] Realism Server 209.160.64.227:7757
RO:Slowhands Ostfront 85.214.49.198:7757
FR-RO-MagicTT.com 213.251.181.20:7757
[Splat]Clan RO Server www.splatclan.org.uk 85.236.100.42:7757
FKs #4 CA/Tank Maps w/ Custom Maps! - FKMOD.COM 212.187.208.143:7757
RedOrchestra.FR & ELIOTT NESS 62.4.70.164:7757

And yes, you will need a lot of practice with the rifles. It will take more time learning to master them then in any other pfs game imho. Don't let it put you down at the beginning. Most people have their toughest time in RO during the first 2-3 hours of gaming.

See you on the field.

Upvote 0
Im actually pretty good at sniping, I shot a guy while he was jumping off a half track, I shot four people running in a group and I got 3 of them before the other got away because I had to reload. But yeah I need more practice for longer range shots. Drop speed=bullet lag They are the same thing bullet lag is what I hear militants call it though. Thanks im off to play!

My screen thingy is vaisili

Alright this is somewhat well retarded, I have been in five different servers all with atleast 20 people but not once did any of them have friggen sniper rifles not ONE! They are either all restricted to normal rifles, or assaultmen. Im tired of spending 3 hours trying to find a good match.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO is not a sniper game. At least not with a scope.
On many maps sniper class is restricted to 1 player per side. If you hit escape you can change your kit during the game, and you will also see how many of your players are playing which class. Free slots for weapon classes are white, while the busy ones are greyed out.

Do you need a scope to have fun? I personally enjoy the iron-sights a lot more :)

I dont know man, but you must be doing something seriously wrong if it takes you 3 hours to find a good bunch of people, and an enjoyable match :confused:

try x-fire as a serverbrowser if you are having trouble in-game.

Upvote 0
Well I bought the game so that I could get a realistic fun and sniper filled experience, But ive used all the other weapons now I want to use the sniper rifle against real people but I cant because nobody allows it.

I can find good people and im good with a KAR98 but I cant find a good match with sniper rifles one of the reasons I bought the game. Snipers were a largly deciding role in russian battles, But I cant even use one!

Whats your screen thingy so I can add you to meh friends list.

Upvote 0
Dude, you had a lot of time to browse the forums in order to find out that on many maps the sniper class is restricted to one player per side. Also that RO is not a sniper game you should've found out by now imho.
What else can I say...
Maybe if you ask kindly the guy having the sniper kit will share it with you. Or you can follow him, and wait until he dies then pick up his sniper rifle.
You can do the same thing to enemy snipers. Stick the bajo in their back, and grab their gun.

My screen thingy is the same as here :)

Upvote 0
Well I know that its not a sniper game, But I would like to atleast play the class every once in awhile but I havent played it once against real peeps man. I never knew that it was restricted to one per match, that just screws me over completely because it takes like 3 minutes just for the map to load for me so everyone else is already playing when I start.
Alright I added you I will work out my sniper problems eventually

Upvote 0
I think this needs to get back on topic, because, although sniping with a PTRD is fun, this is not a sniping thread. To find your screenshots, go to Program Files: Steam: steamapps: common: red orchestra: screenshots, I think. If not, its something similar.

I find the best place to shoot the early Panzer's is in between the tracks, either into the engine bay, or into the ammo storage. I can quite successfully destroy Panzer's now, thanks to the video of the guy who destroys all the tanks one shot, apart from the Tiger and Panther. Thanks to the person who posted that :D

Upvote 0
I get a laugh from those on here that say RO was not intended to be a sniper's
game.
LOL!
The method that will increase your killing and accuracy potential with a PTRD-as well as a sniper rifle-is to watch the the scenes in "Saving Private Ryan", where
Jackson is reciting his 'prayer' prior to taking down his targets.
That prayer, when said aloud, really works with just about any weapon, I've found. And that includes shooting from a tank as well!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I prefer the scene in Enemy at the Gates where Vassjili was surrounded by Germans. (Which were not aware of his presence until...)
I think he did some sort of prayer/meditation too while putting holes into those high ranking officer's heads.

I am a stone.

I do not move.

Very slowly,
I put snow in my mouth,

then he won't
see my breath.

I take my time.
I let him come closer.

I have only one bullet.
I aim at his eye.

Very gently, my finger
presses on the trigger.

I do not tremble.

I have no fear.
I'm a big boy now.

Upvote 0
I really love the PTRD on Arad. It's always fun to run around with it, even though you'll rarely get a lot of kills with it. The best place, I've noticed, for either side, would be under that bridge that runs down the middle of the map. You have both Russians and Germans driving down past that direction, politely exposing their flanks so that you may splode 'em.

I have a bunch of fond memories of using the PTRD, as well. I remember I was playing German, and I somehow got a hold of a PTRD. For some reason, I ran all the way back up to the German spawn, and planted the PTRD on the wall there. I was just randomly shooting at Ruskies at either the south field or south village, but wasn't really doing any damage. Then, just to **** around, I decided to shoot a little smoking speck of a tank, all the way back over on the north field, a good bajillion meters away. I aimed, fired, and KABOOM, one hit, it exploded.

It was truly a fine moment.

Upvote 0