• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics How important is the hill in Flak88?

At least I believe that's what the map is called, the one where the allies need to rush up the hill, take the mortar position, break the three guns and take that bunker.

I noticed every axis person runs right for that hill and the russians get the mortar position almost instantly letting them spawn right next door.

Now, maybe this is because I'm sort of a newb and am missing something, but wouldn't holding the mortar place FROM the mortar place be more useful?

I've played that map a fleet of times and I just keep wondering why it happens everytime. The one time I saw the axis win was when they all camped out at that mortar place and held it with their mg's and stuff so the allies couldn't even really get up the hill.

I'm just wondering if I see it wrong or something. I know the allies taking that hill is very annoying for the axis but with the new smoke grenades all the mg'ers and sniper's can't hit what they can't see.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else sees it my way or can point out a reason for this logic.