• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What happened to vehicle statics?

Gunwing

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
I know this may seem like a moot point but what ever happened to all the cool planes and stuff you saw crashed into the ground in the mod? those were so cool! I would love a map where you have to make your way to a city square and find a downed JU88 in the middile of the map with a huge trail of scorched earth behind it.

Also what ever happened to tank tracks? you would think in a map that had tanks sitting in it there you be some evedance as to how they died and what happened to them. This was some thing that EA dose so well in games like BF2/BF2142 you walk up to the hulk of another vehicle and you say well that guy never made it. But you can tell what heppened to it. IE in BF2 you would often find busted up APCs on city maps that had scorch marks where they died, as well as tracks of where they were going.

in one map IE karkand you can see that it got hit hard by and anti-tank rocket and then swurved to the right into the tank traps that finaly stoped it in it's tracks. I love this kind of detail in games. There was a map in BF2:SF that had a whole convoy that had been ransacked by the enemy, you could see the formation they had and what happened to each vehicle, it was realy cool. I wan't this kind of detail in RO! It adds so much to the maps your on that you can see that your takeing part of a battle that started a long time ago.