• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Changing the MP41, PPSch41

Recoil doesen't really matter, people have been complaining about it ever since release, TWI has had every oppertunity to tweak it, but have not, obviously, its not going to change, TWI likes it the way it is.

So lets focus on Semi-auto instead, it too is unlikely to be added, but i feel there is a better chance of it, if we could just get that, we'd have some more options, thats probably the best we can hope for.

Upvote 0
Why doesn't someone just make a mutator to fix all the no brainer issues we've had with the game since release?

And Oldih, I rarely use the StG44 in auto. I use the thing as often as I can get my hands on it too. Semi auto always for me.

I tried, but only a few downloaded it, and only one server cared to try it a bit, the servers dont seem interested in taking a chace on mods in this community, and since there is no offline play to speak of in RO, that spells death for any small upstart.

Also, all the talented coders have long since gone to the big projects, and with RO's code base beeing so complicated and containing allmost no footnotes, thats a problem.

Upvote 0
To address an earlier post, both the Germans and the Russians deployed squads that were entirely SMG armed.

We know, and Soviets even deployed even entire SMG companies or battalions. But the SMG company\battalion means it - NO rifles, NO LMGs, NO snipers and such. Only SMGs, pistols, grenades, molotovs and possibly some captured eguipment. So yes, let us add realistic SMG battalion to a map and let's face the amount of complaints, especially when it is impossible to simulate even a one single squad properly without having really dedicated players who know each other.

Upvote 0
this has been mentioned many times but... the ppsh41... out of the millions that were made most were selective fire. but since its damn near impossible to find exact numbers tripwire seems to think they were all full auto. I have looked into it some online and i have only found one mention of any of them not having selective fire. and that just said that some of the last ones made didnt have it. Never seen a picture of one that didnt have the selector switch in the trigger gaurd. even the ones in the game are modeled with it there.

As far as the mp41... it shouldnt be in the game. its just too rare. But i dont know anything about it really other then that. if it had selective fire in real life it should have it in the game. This sort of stuff is very important to me simply because i like realism and thats why i came to this game.

I dont think balance would be a issue because you cant use it for a rifle simply because in the game the smgs are nowhere near as accurate as they should be. shoot 50 yards and the rounds end up in a 10 foot wide spread instead of maybe a 10 inch spread they should have. you wont ever see people sniping with a ppsh. Only thing it would really be good for would be to keep the unrealistic recoil to the sky under control while your standing upright.

Upvote 0