• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Jamming would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, THAT jamming. When I read the title the first thing that popped into my mind was jamming the radio to prevent arty barrages.

I suppose weapon jamming is realistic but I'm sure it would happen too often in game. No matter how randomly jamming could be implemented I'm sure my rifle would never jam when I'm taking potshots at distant enemy. It would immediately jam every time I needed a quick followup shot in a desperate situation. The universe carries a grudge a looong way.

Upvote 0
Assuming that this is the first bullet ever fired by the gun, or that it had never been exposed to the environment before, are both silly claims.

If you assume that this gun has seen lots wear before the battle, jamming in a battle is not such a unrealistic claim.

Anyways, the better solution would be to waaaay tone down the numbers of g41s, mp41s, ppd40s, and all scoped weapons. The number of g43s should also be lessened somewhat, and probably SVT40s.

Simply looking at the number of bolts and standard smgs (mp40 and ppsh) compared to any of the semiautos, and nonstandard smgs, and scopes, will give you a ratio saying that these weapons should almost never be seen in RO. If you consider that they are also more likely to be out of commision because they broke waay easier, then it even skews it further in favor of the mass produced weapons.

Its silly at the moment where we see 1/3 of a team using semiautos, especially in 41/42 maps where half a german team is using g41s.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.