• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

minor realism improvements

illinifan

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
1) instead of the messages telling you about events, for example in stalingrad kessel when the north railyard wall gets blown up, have the sapper radio to his team "North Railyard Wall has blew up" and the SL or whoever is closest to the wall for the germans "North Railyard Wall has blew up"

2)instead of pressing o for the objective map make it a weapon that you hold so you have to mousewheel scroll to it

3) take away death messages or have it where you automatically radio "i killed ROplayer by the reichstag approach" and only radio if its like a headshot in the open and not some pixel hunt where your not sure if u killed or not

1) instead of the messages telling you about events, for example in stalingrad kessel when the north railyard wall gets blown up, have the sapper radio to his team "North Railyard Wall has blew up" and the SL or whoever is closest to the wall for the germans "North Railyard Wall has blew up"

Sapper using radio (I presume you mean some kind of portable field radio?) would hardly be any more realistic than messages.

But yes, more realistic communications etc. would be nice, but they also could be hard/impossible to do in game.

EDIT.

Ups..I think I completely misunderstood your point.:p

If you meant, that sapper who blew the wall should inform his team about it (no message text at all), for example by using voice commands, I agree very much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well perhaps you could use the existing artillery strike radio to radio in comunications, and as for the map, it's a good idea, but i think it should JUST be terrain, objectives aren't marked (unless they were issued with marked objectives in real life),destrucables aren't marked, and your not marked, artillery and rally points are ok for now, since not everyone would understand the complexity of the point system used in life back then

Upvote 0
I like idea #2. It takes time to pull out a piece of paper and unfold it and find your position, so it should reflect that in the game. It could actually add to the strategy of the game, as it would make it a stupid idea to pull it out in combat, so you have to get your bearings before or after combat. Also; how's this for a replacement for the GPS- instead of the arrow, your avatar points his finger on the 'map weapon' to the area where you are located in a casual manner, much the same way someone would trace their finger over a map when finding directions. Super-realistic and cool! :D

Upvote 0
I like idea #2. It takes time to pull out a piece of paper and unfold it and find your position, so it should reflect that in the game. It could actually add to the strategy of the game, as it would make it a stupid idea to pull it out in combat, so you have to get your bearings before or after combat. Also; how's this for a replacement for the GPS- instead of the arrow, your avatar points his finger on the 'map weapon' to the area where you are located in a casual manner, much the same way someone would trace their finger over a map when finding directions. Super-realistic and cool! :D

That sounds great, especially the pointing part. Vietcong does the map quite well

mapbig15c8b8ld9.jpg

Upvote 0