• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Here's a suggestion!

mbrooksay

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2006
Auburn, NY
I'm assuming the Unreal engine Red Orchestra was built upon doesn't come with any sort of lag compensation, which means in order to land a hit on whoever you're shooting, you must be aiming where you *think* the player is going to be according to your ping, and an extra foot or so for the ballistics, in Red Orchestra's case. America's Army and Gears of War both have the same problem because Epic games feels server-side hit detection without lag compensation is the way to go.

Visually, here is what I am talking about. Red Orchestra suffers from this to an extent. http://youtube.com/watch?v=clK-1BIU9EQ

This makes hitting moving targets even harder than it is.

Any chance you guys at Tripwire are going to attempt to put in lag compensation so I don't have to lead my shots by an extra 5 feet in European servers?

Actually you have to aim ahead, even with a ping of 0 because of the time the bullet needs to get somewhere.
The beautiful thing about this is, that people tend to make the traveltime responsible for that aiming-ahead and not the lag. So RO is "playable" even with a ping of 200.

Irony aside - it definately is.

And SgtH3nry changed my sceptical mind about lag compensation some time ago, so I'd say it would be nice to have.

Upvote 0
HELL NO!

Honestly look at the problems that lag compensation causes in other engines, like the interp nonsense in source. In my opinion the Unreal engine has the best net code around, even with a 300 ping the game is smooth and warp free with little delay. Other developers should sit up and take notice of what Epic have done because it works beautifully. In fact there is even one US server where I get almost zero latency delay when playing from Australia (Old Glory... great server btw to whoever runs it).

Also hitting a moving target in reality is extremely hard and I think it should be this way in game, even if partly because of lag.

Upvote 0
You should saearch for the old lag compensation thread. SgtH3nry had some good points in there. I was sceptic too.

And the UnrealEngine is definately NOT playable with a ping of 300. Have you ever played UT2003/UT2004 with a ping of 200+? You are at a major disadvantage.
Its just that in RO people mix up lag and bullet-travel time so if they have to aim ahead ridiculously far they think its due to the bullet travel time and as most players don't know a thing about guns anyway they might even think its realistic.
Ro IS playable with a ping of 200+, but wouldn't it be nice to reduce the effects of latency?

Upvote 0
You should saearch for the old lag compensation thread. SgtH3nry had some good points in there. I was sceptic too.

And the UnrealEngine is definately NOT playable with a ping of 300. Have you ever played UT2003/UT2004 with a ping of 200+? You are at a major disadvantage.
Its just that in RO people mix up lag and bullet-travel time so if they have to aim ahead ridiculously far they think its due to the bullet travel time and as most players don't know a thing about guns anyway they might even think its realistic.
Ro IS playable with a ping of 200+, but wouldn't it be nice to reduce the effects of latency?
Look at it this way.

Try playing RO or UT2k4 at 300 ping, yes there is delay and you have a hard time hitting things, and some objects like rockets and such may warp a little. However it is smooth and you can still pull off kills.

Now try playing a source based game at 300 ping, every three steps you lag and warp like crazy, characters appear and disappear all around you as they move and warp badly. You hit left mouse and your gun behaves weirdly when it fires, sometimes feeling normal other times firing hyper fast or way too many times for the size of it's magazine, overall it's near impossible to hit anything. Even at 150 ping this sort of crap goes on in source and this is an engine that has lag compensation.

The Unreal engine is definitely playable at 300 ping, certainly much more so than any other fps engine I know of, which is the crux of my point. I started in RO playing at 300 ping because American servers were the only place the mod was happening, and once acclimatised to the delay I had no trouble at all, in fact I was always in the upper end of the scoreboard. Even these days I can jump into a good 50 player USA server and do well.

I just think that the way lag is handled now is fine and should be left alone.

Upvote 0
You make a decent point but the fact that the Unreal engine forces me to be a psychic to make an accurate shot on a moving target makes the game a hell of a lot less fun. Gears of War has the same problem. You should see the up close shotgun fights in that game, it's ridiculous how many misses there are because people don't know to aim ahead of their opponent because of the bullet lag.

Is it really necessary I have to lead someone who is a couple feet in front of me? With Unreal engine games, it is. I can't even put into words the frustration I feel about it.

I don't play RO anymore because of this bullet lag. It truly ruins the game for me, and it's a shame, because RO is a bad-*** game.

There has been a mutator out for Unreal engine games called ZeroPing, I suggest some servers use it. It gets rid of the bullet lag, and no negative side effect could over-power something as beautiful as no bullet lag.

Upvote 0
There has been a mutator out for Unreal engine games called ZeroPing, I suggest some servers use it. It gets rid of the bullet lag, and no negative side effect could over-power something as beautiful as no bullet lag.

Well if you ever play the MN mod when we have it out and available, be aware that the .45 ACP bullet from the Thompson -will- take almost 1/2 of a second to go 100 yards.. (and it'll drop ~28".. so aim high.. )..

TBH, even when I played UT99 on dialup, i've had no lag issues at all.. frankly I was suprised as hell when I saw that GoW youtube vid that was linked.. every UnrealEngine based game I've played to date has had no issues with this, and heck many people claim the play very reasonably with 200+ ping.

Honestly, i'm wondering how much other things might be factoring into this..(ie: server/host cpu & ram.. the server underpowered to handle the tons of projectiles flying around? i dunno, but it'll be good to see just to verify it's not the issue)

As for Lag Compensation, the few times I've played with such a thing back in teh TacOps days, it just seemed to worsen my play experience rather then improve it. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have any issues with my connection quality..

Upvote 0

Well, running it as a mutator transfers hit detection from the server to your machine. So basically the server takes your machine's word for it that you fragged someone. Not so secure to have a mutator do this..

It would have to be hard-coded into the game but would make it look buggy. Say, you'd lob a nade at someone and they would only blow up after the hit confirmation was received and sent back to you from the server.

Upvote 0
You make a decent point but the fact that the Unreal engine forces me to be a psychic to make an accurate shot on a moving target makes the game a hell of a lot less fun. Gears of War has the same problem. You should see the up close shotgun fights in that game, it's ridiculous how many misses there are because people don't know to aim ahead of their opponent because of the bullet lag.

Is it really necessary I have to lead someone who is a couple feet in front of me? With Unreal engine games, it is. I can't even put into words the frustration I feel about it.

I don't play RO anymore because of this bullet lag. It truly ruins the game for me, and it's a shame, because RO is a bad-*** game.

You do understand that there is an element of delay that is intentional in RO? Remember a bullet doesn't leave the barrel and instantly hit a target it has to travel there and this is coded into the game it;s part of the ballistics. Are you sure you're not mistaking this for lag when playing on local servers? Because if so then too bad mate that's realistic, trust me I've shot at moving targets before in reality, RO depicts it pretty well for a game.

It all comes down to personal preference I think, and personally I'd much prefer dealing with delay when playing with a high ping than having an artificial compensation system and it's basket of associated problems.

Upvote 0
Oh dear god, no. I cannot think of anything that would utterly ruin the game experience more than "lag compensation". I know this is going to sound terribly harsh, but if anyone's having problems with leading their targets, I'd strongly recommend they try playing on more local server.

Lag compensation is the number one most frustrating thing ever introduced into multiplayer gaming, Ever. With a capital E. It's exploitable, it never works properly, it punishes players on low pings and it lowers the overall skill level required to play shooters.

Lets take an example. Call of Duty 2. This has two forms of lag compensation. The first was sv_antilag which was the most abysmal failure of a lag compensation system I have ever seen. So much so that it was almost instantly disabled on servers worldwide after the game's release. I'm sure it's great for a console where aiming at someone is hard enough let alone ahead of them, but on a PC we have the precision and the skill (or at least that's the idea) to deal with it. This particular antilag setting simply set the hit detection to client side. All the calculations were done on the client's machine and it saw a hit, the server would confirm it a second later without question. This system was used in the past by primarily coop games like Serious Sam where the pace of the game makes it paramount that you see a kill straight away. It's incredibly easy to hack and exploit however and for that reason, in a PvP environment it fails immediately. In addition, it punishes non-lagging players for having the gall to have a low ping (how dare they!). I'll come back to this at the end however.

The second form of antilag employed by CoD2 is deliberately laggy hitboxes. So laggy in fact, that aiming behind a moving player will score a hit 9 times out of 10 and if someone sticks their head up from cover for even a fraction of a second, they're a dead man because the hitboxes remaing in the open long after you've ducked your head down again. It's so bad that even recordings of games clearly show players scoring kills on players well after they've disappeared from view. This system is clearly a big, fat, fail.

Another prime example would be the Half-Life engine and its successor, the Source engine. I'm going to make a big assumption here (and I'm pretty sure I'm right) that mbrooksay spends most of his gaming time on Source based games, hence this thread. Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not having a dig at him here, but I have not yet seen one of these discussions started by someone from any other background. People who play Source based games almost exclusively get so used to the way the engine handles hit detection that they really struggle when they play anything else. It's the same with anyone who plays on one particular game engine most of the time. You get used to it. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if it weren't for the fact that the Source engine's detection is off most of the time, resulting in the same problems as CoD 2, but with a few extras thrown in for good measure.

I'm going to quote a post I made in the Insurgency forums a few weeks back explaining why the Source engine's method of antilag is so flawed.

Me said:
spacer.gif

What's he's referring to is the netcode problems that I keep bringing up. I know people don't like to believe that it's true, but the Source engine netcode is flawed. The concept is fantastic, but it just doesn't work as well as it's intended. The blood you're seeing everywhere is because you're shooting the player model, not the hitboxes. I should probably explain how Source hit detection works before I continue.

There's a value in your config called cl_interp and the number you give it is intended to be a representation of your ping time. When you shoot at a player, your game sends that number along with the firing angle and direction to the server. The server then checks the information, detects the point of impact and checks to see if there was a player there. Rather than check at the moment that it receives the information however, it looks at your interp value and then "rewinds" time by the amount that your setting says. It then checks whether there was a player at the point of impact earlier in time and if so, awards the hit.

The reason for this is to try and compensate for lag. If you have the variable set correctly for your ping, you should be able to shoot at the player model directly and even if they've moved by the time the information reaches the server, it'll look back in time to the exact moment you fired the shot and will correctly see that when you fired, a player was there. So long as interp is correctly set, the system works great (in theory anyway). No matter what your ping is, if your aim is good you'll be awarded the hit without having to lead your shot at all (even though it's incredibly frustrating to be killed long after you've taken cover). But what happens if the setting is not correct for your ping?

This is sadly where the whole thing comes apart. If you've got it wrong, then you can shoot a player and not be awarded the hit, whilst shooting behind or ahead of them _does_ result in impact. Now being awarded a hit for a shot in front of someone's not so much of a problem. To lead a shot is harder and this is really no different to a game with no lag compensation at all. It just means the setting's too low for your high ping. The reverse on the other hand, is quite nasty.

If your setting is too high for your ping, you'll only be able to hit someone by shooting where they just were. Doesn't sound all that bad, and in reality it's not - for you. You can kill people after they gone around corners. You'll see them disappear out of sight and not even fire until after they've taken cover, but the game still awards you with a hit. This effectively gives you super reactions. A person who flits across a doorway would be unhittable normally. No-one's reactions are that fast. With a high interp value however, if you panic and start spraying at the doorway just a fraction too slow to hit him, the lag compensation will think that you actually did hit him and award it as such. It's not fair and in any other game, it'd be cheating.

So why is this a problem? If everyone sets it correctly, there should be no problem right? Well there's two problems with that. Firstly, what's the right setting? People's pings vary, no value is correct all of the time. You can get close, sure, but what's to say it's going to stay correct through the whole game? That's less of a problem though, the second issue is the biggy. Most people don't know the setting exists. They never set it because they don't know they can. Instead, they get the default setting and the default setting is still assuming that we're all on dialup. The Source engine carries the same netcode over from the HL1 days and the default is still the same - 100ms. If you ping 100 then no problems, but if you ping 30-50, you're going to be able to hit a running person far more easily without having to necessarily aim as well. There is a third problem of course - people deliberately exploiting the setting, but #2 reduces this one to a minor issue.

So what does this have to do with blood everywhere? Well if your interp is too high, you won't be awarded hits for a fast moving target that you've aimed accurately at. You'll only get the hit if you aim behind them. The game though, has another trick up its sleeve as part of its lag compensation. Since it assumes that everyone will have the correct interp setting, by its logic, every time you hit a player model, you're guaranteed a hit, so to save time and to give you the illusion that there's no lag at all, your client machine draws the blood decals the instant you shoot the model, confident that the server will award the hits a few dozen milliseconds later. Except that it doesn't. Your incorrect settings are leading the server to incorrectly believe that you've missed and it ignores the hits. The result is that people frequently take multiple hits, including to the face, with huge blood sprays, but they don't die. As far as they and everyone else is concerned, you missed, because that's what the server's telling them.

It's annoying, but it's part of the Source engine. There's only two ways to fix this, but Valve won't do either.

The first is to disable lag compensation. Stop client side prediction and since the server has the final say anyway, learn to lead shots for lag and wait for the server's response before you see bullet impacts and their subsequent effects. This is what most games do and I honestly prefer it. Yes, it's worse for people on high pings, but in slowed down realism games, it's not so much of an issue. I'm able to play RO on 350ms ping with few ill effects and still outdo the majority of players on low pings. It also stops the incredibly frustrating occurence of being killed after you've left a player's sight. Many long time Source gamers don't like this though. They're used to the anti-lag settings, so that brings me to the second option.

Take the client's ability to set interp away from them. It prevents deliberate exploitation and unintentional exploitation through ignorance. The interp value should be a dynamically updated variable that's calculated off your average ping over short time period. By doing this, it will be for the most part accurate regardless of player or ping and a correct interp value means correct hit effects for clients. This would be by far the preferred method for many people and I honestly can't understand why Valve didn't implement this in the Source engine from Day 1. It's not 1999 anymore, people's computers and broadband internet connections can handle it.

Now as an aside, there's still something wrong with the hit detection. Whilst blood decals from my own weapons are client generated, blood from other players is not. Hits made by other people are sent to me by the server and if I see blood from a teammate's shots, then the server has registered a hit. Hence the problem. The server is noting hits in the head and chest and telling other clients to draw the blood, but it's not dealing out the correct damage for it. That's why you can see players running around with up to 4 or 5 obvious wounds (the shotgun is especially notorious - 3 direct hits at close range will take anyone down) and no ill effects. Base netcode aside, something in this game's hit detection isn't right. There's no better evidence for that that the one-hit-to-the-foot kills and the 3-shots-to-the-stationary-target's-ribcage kills that are sadly so prevalent.

Personally, I'd like to see more servers experimenting with the sv_unlag 0 cvar. Although I can hear the screaming already. The only people who'd be able to hit anything would be the pros who set their interp to 0.01 regardless of ping and already lead their shots where necessary.

Now even if someone were to come up with a system of lag compensation which dynamically calculated the value of a server's "rewind time" variable, one problem still remains, which I mentioned earlier. Players on low pings are punished for the heinous crime of not lagging. They get killed after they round corners, after they duck behind cover, even by their own victims (who magically deal out death from beyond the grave). Not only that, but where a low pinging player sees a high pinging player is NOT where they actually are. An example:

The following is as seen by the players, not by the server.

Player A has a 50ms ping.
Player B has a 350ms ping.

Player A checks a corner, sees no-one, then runs across the street. Player B rounds a corner further down the street just as player A is making his run. As player A gets further and further across the street, player B is moving further round the corner. He only just manages to keep player A in sight as he goes. As he finishes rounding the corner, he fires a shot at player A just before player A disappears from sight. Player A is killed.

Sounds fair, right? Player B, the lagger, has spotted a target, aimed, fired and scored a hit. He's been rewarded for his aim and the fact that he's lagging has been ignored. Can't say fairer than that right? Wrong.

Player A never saw player B at all during the whole encounter. Because player B is "lagging", where he thinks he is, is NOT where the server thinks he is. Because the information from player B is taking an additional 300ms in its round trip and because player B only just keeps player A in view, player A would have to stop moving for an additional 300ms before he would see player B emerge from the sidestreet. If he doesn't stop, player B's position will always be (from player A's perspective) just out of sight. Player B on the other hand has his virtual eyes floating way out in front of his body (thanks to client prediction, another system entirely and one without which MP gaming would be nigh-on impossible to play) and can see player A the whole time, well before his actual body catches up. By the time he fires his gun, player A isn't even there anymore. He's out of sight.

As it is, player B's high latency means he's already seeing the world long after events have happened. This means he's effectively seeing a shade of player A in the past. None of this bodes well for A, because not only is he being seen as he was in the past, he effectively needs to be able to see into the future to know where the lagging player actually is and therefore to see him at all.

This scenario isn't as rare or unlikely as it sounds and it's certainly not the only one of its type. Antilag settings, while wonderful things for players on high pings, is a nightmare for those who aren't.

I honestly don't see what's so hard about leading a shot by a few cms. Almost every MP game ever released requires at least a tiny bit of leading to compensate for most players' small latencies anywhere up to 100ms) and it's really not a difficult thing to do. It promotes skill and a player who's able to be a crack shot on a higher ping is vastly more skilled than one who does it on a lower ping. RO is a perfect example. Once upon a time there were only about 3 populated servers worldwide and none were in Australia. The entire Australian community (all ~10 of us) would play exclusively on 250ms and up and I can tell you, though we couldn't match the top clanners, we were still in the upper 30% of players.

My point there, obscure as it may be, is that in a slower paced game like RO where precision is key, an anti-lag setting just isn't necessary. If you're a good shot, you'll learn to lead a little more and you start to forget that you're lagging at all. If on the other hand you're playing a fast paced DM game like UT, almost all the weapons either spray anywhere but your aimpoint, meaning you'll hit pretty much anything in that general direction, or they explode, something for which a direct hit is completely unnecessary. Again, anti-lag just isn't necessary. If your ping is so high that you just can't realistically lead far enough ahead to score a hit, then either find a closer server or deal with it.

Right now, the Unreal Engine is my only refuge for "antilag" free gaming and should that change, it'll be a fantastic engine down the drain. Similarly, if TWI's next game included an in-house antilag solution, I honestly wouldn't waste my money on it. I'd be absolutely gutted, but I still would not pay money to experience yet another re-run of the paradoxes, ESP, corner-turning bullets and blood-out-of-thin-air bull**** that is so prevalent in other "big name" online games these days. I can assure you that the as-yet unmatched torrent of abuse and swearwords that I unload within minutes of joining a deliberately unrealistic CoD/Source based online game would be rapidly eclipsed by the avalanche these issues in a supposedly realistic game would start. Insurgency certainly rose to the challenge initially, but once I realised how badly the realism was lacking overall, my cursing faded to a dull roar. I'm confident however, that an antilagged RO would have me obliterating records within seconds.

</rant>

Wall of text crits you for 87987632495736451.
You die.

If there are any weird jumps or unfinished points in there, I apologise. It's been a good hour and a half since I began the reply, what with looking for my Ins post, getting easily distracted and typing an essay to rival a Tom Clancy book in length.

EDIT: I will concede that you can add all the antilag you like into console games like GoW. Consoles are useless for shooters and need autoaim as it is to make them playable. Trying to lead your shots as well is just too bloody hard, so by all means, antilag it up for the console, but as soon as you stick the feature in for the console, PC titles will latch onto it like leeches on an exposed leg and then it's all over. It may mean GoW has to remain lag-unfriendly, but if that's what it takes to keep the Unreal Engine pure, then it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perhaps not quite as substantial as the one above though. I think I broke some kind of record there. :p

Do you study game design or something?
Nah. Gaming's just a hobby, albeit one I've enjoyed for most of my life. Though if they'd offered it back when I was at Uni, I probably would have done it. I've spent so much time gaming over the years that I can't help but take an interest in their inner workings and since I've already got a strong IT background, it's not a big jump.

I've also learned over the years that the internet's very unforgiving. If you miss a single piece of information or just rant with nothing to back your argument up, you're setting yourself up for mass ridicule. My posts these days are usually pretty lengthy, but whether they agreed with me or not, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone to say they didn't understand afterwards. :)

In this case, I certainly see where mbrooksay's coming from and I understand his point of view, but I still happen to disagree. I have to admit though, that I'm curious as to what his latency is when he plays, because if RO is too difficult for him to play without an antilag setting then I really have to wonder why that is and whether there might be some other as yet unconsidered contributing factors at work.

Upvote 0
Psychochicken, I agree and disagree with you.

Let me explain:

There used to be a bug where if you were lagging and you fired your rifle, it would fire to where your rifle was pointed after the recoil.

So now you would not only be compensating for your target moving, your lag, but also for your rifle's recoil after it fired, which is basically impossible because it will hit 5 feet from where you aimed. This used to happen on laggy servers even if your ping wasn't all that bad.

Its basically gone..however, if I'm really lagging (which sometimes my connection is) I start to see it about 280-300 ping. Shots are about a half-foot from where I'm pointing. No problem for most guns, but for a super-accurate bolt action it means your pretty much screwed.

The arguement that people with high-ping still can play fine doesn't fly by me. The majority of the points in this game are not from kills. I've been on the top of the scoreboard on maps where I decided I would only use the rifle butt..no shots, no grenades, not even any bayonett, and I was not trying to cap, I just kept being in cap zones when they were capped because I was trying to sneak up behind my enemy. However, that is off-topic. Sure I can still cap and be a fine player (using grenades and bayonett and such), but not being able to kill people with a bolt action is just frustrating, and there needs to be some kind of fix/compensation for this.

Oh, and I tested it very simply. I shot at a wall (while in rested prone IS) about 5 feet from me, and saw if the hit was where it should be. At about 300+ ping, it occurs a little bit later after you shot (not a big deal) but not where you aimed (yes a big deal.)

Upvote 0
There are two issues. The first was that the bullet genuinely didn't go where you fired. I was one of the first and loudest on the bandwagon to fix that because it affected me greatly. The one you're seeing however is aesthetic. It's the hit effect you're seeing that's off, but the server still calculates the correct trajectory and you still get the hit if your aim was good.

Trust me that this is the case. I've clocked up many hours on 200-350ms ping servers and I'm very familiar with the problem. I can assure you that it doesn't actually affect your accuracy.

Besides which, even if it WERE a genuine problem, lag compensation would not fix it. The bullet would still be off regardless of where you aimed, so you'd miss anyway.

If anyone's not convinced of the ease of using a bolt action rifle on a high ping, I'd be more than happy to demonstrate and I'm sure I could drag Reddog along for the ride. We regularly play on foreign servers and have few problems. So few problems in fact, that our squad has been looking for a US team to scrim just for fun. We'll happily play on a US server, ping disadvantage and all. Yes, we'd be at a disadvantage, but it's not as bad as people make out and the fact remains that since we choose to play on distant servers, we deal with the consequences. If lagging was such a hardship, we'd just stick to our locals. :)

Upvote 0
I'm not as tech savvy as this Chicken guy is, but despite all this information he threw out there, I still disagree with how things should be done in shooter games on a PC.

The first shooter I played was Counter-Strike. As we all know, it's a game that doesn't require leading due to lag. You aim at the player model and you shoot. Any game that doesn't have simulated ballistics should follow this in my opinion (and not force players to lead targets due to lag). In a game without lag compensation, what do new players think when they miss moving targets they clearly had their aiming reticule on? They scratch their head, they're dumbfounded. This player has no idea why their shot didn't score. Go into an America's Army server and mention "bullet lag." 90 percent of the players don't understand there shots are hitting later, making them miss when they should have hit.

An argument I see time and time again is how with lag compensation you'll find yourself dieing behind cover because the player who shot you still sees you out in the open. People who read this start thinking you're a vulnerable target for longer periods of time with lag compensation. What people who argue this DON'T mention is that for the first second you emerge from behind cover to run somewhere else, no enemies see you. With lag compensation, you are still vulnerable for the same amount of time as if there wasn't any. It's completely fair to die right when you reach cover if the opposing player shot you while you were still in the open. I believe this is a very good tradeoff instead of throwing the lag time into your shots.

The very core of any shooter game (without ballistics) is to put your sight ON the enemy and shoot. Games without lag compensation are telling you as a player to forget about that. Instead, aim at open air where you THINK the enemy will be in the next half second.

To reiterate, all Unreal engine based games have this "problem." Obviously if you are in favor of having to lead an extra couple of feet to compensate yourself for lag, it isn't a problem. I honestly find it very hard to believe people enjoy manually compensating for lag when a game can do that for you, even if it means dieing behind cover.

I couldn't begin to imagine the millions of people Bungie or Valve could piss off by removing lag compensation. It would be the biggest "**** you" they could give to their customers.

And just to throw it out there, I enjoy games with ballistics. I don't completely shun the thought of forcing a player to aim where their target isn't. I have and still do shoot REAL WEAPONS hundreds of thousands of times and have aimed them at places not where the target is, but will be.

I just refuse to accept to have to lead a slow moving target that is only several feet in front of me because of lag.

Upvote 0
Psychochicken hit the nail on the head with the player A versus player B scenario.

Playing COD2 gives full credence to the lag issues, summarily I found myself taking a shot at someone.......we're talking a close to medium range chest or head shot.
I would hear the shot and yet the guy I was shooting at kills me.......without my shot even registering on his screen.

Hence COD2 was removed and replaced by RO, which I have to say runs very very smooth even on servers at 150 plus ping.

Very concise and valid point psycho.

Upvote 0