• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some features, and their gameplay problems not a feature request more like a fix.

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hello, this is a list of things i'm irritated by myself of features already implented ingame but some problems make them not used much by other people or hated, while the base idea behind it is great.

Plz like all threads in here rate this thread (look at the top of the thread) with the amount of stars you feel it deserves.
Plz reply to this thread aswell with priorities you think the issues listed should get. Or atleast some comment on this list, i need lots of user imput to make the thread represent somewhat the list of annoying side-effects of the community.

(example: 1,2,3,4 are really important 5,6,7 and really annoying but not high priority, or all of them are high priority/ non of them are important. Try to be neutral when selecting, and not make things low priority because you're a clanner that doesnt care about tanking or visa versa).

Some ideas are for clans/units some for public play some for servers, its a mix of different kinds so please read it all :)

1) Reinforcement scaling:
The big 50 player servers ran out of reinforcements too fast so reinforcement is now scaled linear with server slots which is a nice thing it just got a nasty side effect for clans.
In clanmatches matches must be normalized, if you hire a server with a game hosting provider you can't make the slots amount higher and often not lower either.
Meaning that now all matches must be played on a 32 player server basically because thats what most people had before the patch.
It would be nice if reinforcement could be based on a variable you can freely change whatever your serverprovider is somewhere in the ini file, like a location that says base reinforcement for X players.
That way all clans could just set it at 16 instead of having to buy a new server or always playing with a mass amount of reinforcement. + forcing all clans to get a 32 player server.

2) The tiebraker rule:
Even though it works as advertised and lets the team that had the most teamwork according to the score system win.
(if caps are equal on a dual assault map the points are used to decide the outcome).
In matches often a player disconnects during a game because of a problem and with that loses all of his points, and clans that choose to play without a mg are loosing out on lots of free 5 points. Next to that in the eye of a clan a cap is a cap and it doesnt matter howmany do it.
For clanmatches thats why already reinforcements are looked upon to decide score with screenshot proof, it would be really nice if in the webadmin or somewhere in the ini it could be selected what the tiebrake should be based upon.

3) The included teamready function:

Hardly any clan uses this fuction at the moment because it goes ready the moment everybody selected his weapon. To make use of this system a clanner like the leader must not select weapon untill his team is ready, in effect this is quite bothersome. Together that after a round it doesnt ready up again. A double system would be nice here, that both the people must have selected ready, and that a teamready command is submitted by one person of both teams.

4) The resetgame feature:

Its a great feature and i wished for it a long time, and works great with the ready mutator.
After you use the resetgame command in the console, it takes maybe 10? seconds before it actually resets the game, it would be really nice if during that time a countdown was shown for when it will restart and to notify the players of it. Often when you use it on a server without the ready mutator (after reset both teams have to type ready for the game to start) people seriously wonder wtf happened, even if you announce it before hand. (apparently there is a bug aswell causing people to drop from the server when using it)

5) The weaponpickup system:

Beside that often still weapons are stacked on each other, they are always still close together. Meaning that when you want to pickup some grenades and you dont carefully aim you might loose your primary weapon. Which is higly irritation. It would be nice that people could simply in their configuration disable the auto pickup system forcing them to throw away their weapon before they can pickup a new one. While new players still get the auto pickup by default.

6) The blackscreen mutator:
Some computers when they fade to black dont end up 100% viewing a black screen, making it able for them to see basically everything from a darkened but still transparant view. This is a hardware related bug most likely but because of it some people refuse to use this mutator it seems.

7) Nearly unkillable people in halftracks (added june 26):

Inability to grenade the people inside a halftrack, making a halftrack like a small fortress inside capzones that can't be harmed for atleast some time. Stopping and disabling a halftrack is pretty easy but completely destroying one takes atleast 2 ptrd shots or lots of nades+mg fire. And on maps like smolensk where capzones cant be recapped a full halftrack is usually enough to initiate the cap and if the cap goes fast enough it will be capped before people can destroy the halftrack. In maps with fausts or tanks this has never been a problem, but its really evident in smolenskstalemate. Because halftracks have no ammo location a ptrd can't easilly kill it with 1 good aimed shot.

8) Voicecommands (added june 26):

For some voicecommands they should only apply for the people directly around you. (basically using the local channel or whatever instead of team). Like yelling grenade!. Lots of forum posts about this.
We used to have all commands on local in the mod and lots of team specific commands were hardly used because nobody heared them.
Now we have all on team or public, and hardly anyone uses the close range warning commands because nobody can localize them. And know for what people the warning is intended.
The current system is alot better than the mod in generic. only for the commands that are supposed to warn alert people near to you the old system would have been better.

9) Double Doors (added june 26):

The range of the doors to open and close is not intuitive. Often when a person tries to open and accidently open 1 door they fiddle around closing that one door and opening the other for minutes. While by standing like a meter directly on the side of a door you can simply close one. Its not really intuitive and is troublesome for alot of players especially new ones.

10) Players getting out of tanks and changing position in a tank. (added june 26):

Alot of people jump out of their tank before it gets hit although often indeed as a tanker with only a pistol they wont survive. Its annoying that people just use the instant exitting for gameplay. The same with roadkill satchelling, people driving kamikaze style towards a tank jumping out and satchelling them. Or tankers quickly teleporting out of a tank when someone tries to satchell them to shoot them in the back. Something like a delay in getting in or out of tanks would fix this problem, and a delay when switching tank positions would even add the reason for teamtanking. In the real world you cant instantly jump out of your tank either or quickly teleport from gunner to driver.

11) Tank track + engine volume when you're outside of a tank (added june 26) (maybe too trivial?):
The volume of tanks tracks + engine aint as high as it probably should be. (I'm not into tanks but can someone give some proof for and information for like exactly how much louder should it be). While inside a tank yourself you often cant hear anything but your own tank.

12) Inability to go into enemy spawn after their reinforcements have ran out (added july 1st)
Once reinforcement ran out sometimes there is an afk player left in the spawn and especially on a map like danzig where you can often run out of reinf with quite some mins left on the clock an idling/afk player can be a pain in the arse.

13) When your weapon gets shot out of your hand you instantly change weapon to whatever is up next (added july 1st)
Can be annoying when you want to use your pistol or pickup your old weapon but must wait for you to switch to grenades first then switch back to pistol. (beside that because usually you must still notice that your weapon was shot out of your hand you get a weapon by default resulting in that the attacker doesnt have that big of a surprise advantage)

14) Minefield warnings.
Often when you enter a minefield you dont notice the messages unless you're paying attention to the location where the messages will show up, by the time you do notice the message its often too late already.
With vehicles its even worse usually when you see the first message you cant turn around in time anymore.

15) Warnings show location (added july 15th)
Like nr 15 often those warning messages you wont notice because they appear at the top left it would be nice if the end user could select where they will show up so they can select a location that springs to the eye a bit more (just not the exact center of the screen because it would block your aim)

This is to compile a list of things with problems, for features that in your eyes are basically good already, but you get annoyed by them or even never use them because some small problems. So basically, its like a bug list, although everything works correctly as it was intended to work when it was coded, but just have nasty gameplay problems connected to them.
So if you got something to add to the list plz pm me. and i'll try to update things, to result in a community list of features.

To the devs, although there are ideas given to how to solve the problems, afcourse they could be replaced with whatever you guys think will solve the issues. The side effects are basically the things we want to get rid of, how that gets done most of us dont care aslong as it works.

Last edited:
I'd also like to add that the resetgame feature is not used by the clans anymore after it became apparent that it leads to players dropping soon after the restart.

that would be a bug then, maybe we can try to replicate it for a bit. But with a full server restart all people would rejoin now you probably have only 1 or 2.

Upvote 0
Some nice ideas in there, at least a couple or so i would like to see done. Whether they are possible or not i will leave to someone more qualified than me to say, but good suggestions :)

Big kudos on listing some of the more annoying small and little things too instead of just wanting a gabillion new tanks/weapons etc too ;)

Well its more like some sort of bug fix list, but then for things that work as intended, but just have some big/small annoying things as a result with how they work. Nothing is broken, beside possibly some of the fun of the end user.

Its just a list of things, its up to the devs to decide if they want to add anything at all, personally afcourse i wish they will change all things listed. But afcourse their resource and time is limited ^^.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
7) Nearly unkillable people in halftracks (added june 26):
Inability to grenade the people inside a halftrack, making a halftrack like a small fortress inside capzones that can't be harmed for atleast some time. Stopping and disabling a halftrack is pretty easy but completely destroying one takes atleast 2 ptrd shots or lots of nades+mg fire. And on maps like smolensk where capzones cant be recapped a full halftrack is usually enough to initiate the cap and if the cap goes fast enough it will be capped before people can destroy the halftrack. In maps with fausts or tanks this has never been a problem, but its really evident in smolenskstalemate.
[/unquote]

Something has *GOT* to be done about this! Why bother with tanks and other such mundane things as TACTICS when u can cram into a HT, pull into the cap zone and .. WIN...you can empty 40 mags from an MG, toss more hand grenades than raindrops in a storm...the Germans can sit in the back and watch the cap bar grow. It is complete Bovine Scatology!!

Consider than a half tarck is a 3 dimensional object and that IT HAS NO ROOF therefore I should be able to toss a nade in on the lads...but...try it: wont happen! I can nade a trench or window...and tit ENTERS that...but the almighty half-track is invulnerable. Make it impervious against small arm's fire - fine...but nade proof???

Upvote 0
I can imagine that TWI set priorities slightly differently from expectation of clan players but this list contains only valid points that soon or later shouldbe definately solved. I totaly agree with every single of them... however I sort them as I would be happy to see them solved.

HIGH priority - affecting everyday gameplay in every game for all players
5) The weaponpickup system

MIDDLE priority - not game killing issues but still important for lots of players

1) Reinforcement scaling
2) The tiebraker rule
6) The blackscreen mutator
7) Nearly unkillable people in halftracks
8) Voicecommands
10) Players getting out of tanks imediately

LOW priority - mostly applicable only for clans
3) The included teamready function: low priority
4) The resetgame feature: low priority
9) Double Doors (added june 26): low priority

Upvote 0
Some things might not be possible to fix due to engine limitations or whatever, but i dont know what is and what isnt. Its up to the devs anyway to do things ^^. ALthough it would be nice for them to give a clear answer on some things that certainly wont be added just because it would be unpossible or take a gazillion lightyears to make.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What about the following crazy bugs:

- you hear people scream when they die across the whole map, BUT
- when a tank drives over you you might not even notice/hear it in time (WTF)
- nades are still bugged: sometimes they kill from miles, sometimes they dont kill while on you (oh, and they still sometimes make you kill yourself from impossible distances when in fact you get shot)
- MG's are still bugged: I don't know the details, but MG players keep complaining about MG bugs (ask them)
- weapons don't shoot where you aim, specificly the semi sniper rifles are a joke for snipers

To sum it up I guess my first two points are about a bad sound system.
The nade bugs and MG bugs are unforgivable, they are still there carried over from the mod.
Weapons being inacurate is the biggest turnoff for a lot of people, but I'm afraid it won't be considered a bug (an evil feature it is then).

Upvote 0