• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some things that should be fixed!, and other ideas

Gunwing

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Some model fixes need to be made:

Please fix the fallowing on the first, and therd person models:

Russians:

In the Winter maps the hands of the Russians in First person have no gloves, but in therd person they do. I would like to see this fixed so it matches the therd person modeling. It would not only look better but give the Russian players a sense of how cold it is, that they even need to have mittens on to keep their hands worm. This is a small fix but it needs to be done as it's kinda annoying that you can see gloves on hands of everybody but then you look at your hands in first person and you don't.

Germans:

The German MG class in First person has these realy cool combat gloves on. But if you look at any MGer in therd person these cool looking gloves are not there. This would help people ID the German MG class because you could be right next to him and see his gloves. Agian a vary Small fix that is as simple as a skin change. But it would realy help out the game and give the players more things to look at when they fight. I mean we see MGers up close vary often because we have to give them ammo so much.

Last but not least some Ideas for the game that should be looked into:

Please give us the ability to give ammo to AT riflemen, and the 45mm AT guns! It sucks to be an AT guy and run outa ammo with no way to get more other than to run away and find the nearest supply box, and then only to get shot by a sniper or a tank. This happens alot on maps like Barenzia. It sucks even more when your outa ammo in the new AT guns and can't get any more. We can give ammo to MGs but not AT rifles, and AT guns? I know from playing the game alot that the AT rifles can go through alot of ammo in a short time. If you got like 3 tanks in front of you on avrage thats about 5-6 shots in total, and thats only if your good.

Last but not least some Ideas for the game that should be looked into:

Please give us the ability to give ammo to AT riflemen, and the 45mm AT guns! It sucks to be an AT guy and run outa ammo with no way to get more other than to run away and find the nearest supply box, and then only to get shot by a sniper or a tank. This happens alot on maps like Barenzia. It sucks even more when your outa ammo in the new AT guns and can't get any more. We can give ammo to MGs but not AT rifles, and AT guns? I know from playing the game alot that the AT rifles can go through alot of ammo in a short time. If you got like 3 tanks in front of you on avrage thats about 5-6 shots in total, and thats only if your good.

what do you think how many regular soldiers were running around in battle carrying 45 mm ammo (or even spare ptrd ammo)?

Upvote 0
what do you think how many regular soldiers were running around in battle carrying 45 mm ammo (or even spare ptrd ammo)?

You could say the same thing about MG ammo, but they did that anyway. I'm just looking for some game ballance. It would make it much easyer on AT guys to not have to always break cover and run around looking for the nearest supply box.

Upvote 0
No way. 45mm rounds are very heavy to be lugging round on a battlefield!

The 45mm shells according to the information I have weighed about 6.5 pounds. Carrying one or two of these would be far from impossible for our soldiers we have in RO who make easy work of lugging around the PTRD, 2 satchel charges, grenades, 3 Panzerfausts, Pistol and ammuntion.

Since all of the AT guns on Berezina are in entrenched positions it wouldn't be unrealistic to assume there would be a cache of extra ammunition laying around for the guns in that position to be allocated out to the gun teams who were running low on ammunition.

While I'm not 100% for this suggestion, I'm just pointing out it's not totally outside the realm of reality what he is suggesting.

Upvote 0
No way. 45mm rounds are very heavy to be lugging round on a battlefield! Plus when the 76mm guns are put in game (dunno how soon) it would be ridiculous!

It is more likely that soldiers carried MG ammo than extra 14.5mm rounds

Actually one single cannon shell is not that 'heavy' to carry around in general, since 88mm shell (generally, IIRC) weights slightly less than 10kg. So it weights about as much as some LMG in general (even though it would limit your 'rapid' movement (aka any kind of running and jogging) quite often as LMG would also to some extent).

Problem is, you would need to carry it in your hands as there is no plausible way to 'holster' the shell somewhere. So the time you carry the shell you are pretty much unable to defend yourself and if you need to do it you would need to drop the shell.

Only thing I could think of (in case of germans) would be to remove Zeltbahn from A-Frame (presuming you are not wearing Zeltbahn) and insert small calibre tank shell instead, while it is quite unpractical.

Upvote 0
I've read somewhere that a PTRD gunner and his spotter carried over 200 rounds of ammunition and a PPSh with them.

Perhaps letting a person be able to choose whether between whether to feed their MG-man or PTRD guy would help some, the number of bullets the PRTD carries now is not enough for any type of prolonged battle, so either letting it be resuppliable or giving it a bigger payload would be beneficial i think, perhaps increasing the number of rounds per PTRD to say 50 or 100 would be more game friendly than letting it be resuppliable:D

Upvote 0

Sorry, but I think this is pretty silly. I mean it's not that hard to get to the nearest resupply box...
Also, as someone else already pointed out, you'll usually get killed before going through all 19 rounds, that's if you're actually trying to get up close to the sides or rear of the tank. It's a risky role..
The only thing I think should be 'fixed' regarding resupplying another player (an MGer), is that there should be some sort of animation of one player dropping the ammo rounds (only when in the vecinity of an MGer), and the other guy having to pick them up.

Upvote 0
Well first off. How about being able to reload the AT rifle while it's not deployed? It would make ambushing a tank a lot easier if you can shoot run and reload in hiding without making yourself a sitting duck for a rifle man.

2ndly I'd really like to have adjustable scope for the sniper rifle. Right now with what the sniper scope looks like you can't see your target when you are trying to adjust for bullet drop. Having adjustable scope to compensate for bullet drop would make it a lot easier. That or give us a new scope so we can see where we are aiming at while adjusting for bullet drop.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean exactly, Gotak.

I know that the center post for the texture version of the scope on the K98 is way too fat for my tastes, but the model versions look fine. I don't think the scopes were adjustable in the sense of being able to zoom in further, but I could be wrong on that.

You can actually see where a bullet lands if you don't automatically rebolt with a sniper rifle. When you fire, you'll keep watching through the scope if you don't touch anything after pulling the trigger.

Upvote 0