• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Picking up items

DFN

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 4, 2007
Hi

A suggestion to improve the way you can pick up items ingame. You've probably noticed it can be pretty hard to pick up stuff, especially since a dead guy drops ammo, weapon, nades etc and they normally lie quite cluttered. Often you spend uneccessary much time, even getting killed by doing a task which really shouldn't take long.

What about...if you press and hold the ALT key (or for that sake, whatever key) you get up a simple list of the items on the ground close to you. You can browse through the items by pressing w or s (up/down) or using the mouse scroll wheel. When you've got the item you want targetet, press fire to pickup. This also drops you out of the pickup menu thing and returns you to the weapon you had in your hands before you started the pickup process. This way a pickup would only take a second or two and we'd save a lot of hassle. A similar system was used among others, in Diablo 2.

/DFN

I just hate to pick up something in Ro.
Sometimes it takes only couple of seconds but sometimes i cant get anything up because these items are stuck or some ****.
you take weapon, but you cant take ammo and than you take previous weapon but you cant take new gun and than items just melt away ffs...
This should be fixed ASAP!!!!!!

Upvote 0
When we should get a new item system (what I do not believe), I think something like this loot system you can find in most MMORPGs would be best. When you would have to take the ammo right out of its boxes from the dead body, or take the weapon out of the bodies hands.
But chances for this are bad.

Bodies are in different places for different people. Everything that happens after you die is completely client-side except for where the ammo lands.

Upvote 0
How about when your screen center is floating generally close to the area where a body dropped its equipment, you get a small indicator on the bottom of the screen that shows you can press 'alt' (or whatever you assigned it to be) to scroll through and pick items up. You should be able to move the whole time you have the menu open, just in case an enemy appears, and moving would cancel the menu rather than picking up the selected item. Pressing 'alt', selecting the item, and releasing 'alt' should pick stuff up.

If ammo drops for everyone in the same place, then having the center of the screen pointing in the general direction should pose no problem for anyone. You just don't have to worry about stuff being hidden or covered up this way.

Upvote 0
Assign a key dedicated to dropping your current weapon. IIRC, there are separate keys, one for dropping/picking up, and one just for dropping your weapon. That way you can look the other way to drop your current weapon, so you don't pick it back up when you're trying to pick up ammo. Only problem you have then is the new gun shrinking and disappearing.

Upvote 0
no works from RO team :(

no works from RO team :(

i totally agree with you , but unfortunaly looks like in the RO team they are not really aware of our wish ...
RO team have try to make the most similar game as real fighting and they almost reach it , but when it will take one small patch to fix all theses BUGS , they release one update with new maps and new costumes ,etc ....

- how can it take 2 or 3 seconds to pick up a gun in real fight , takes here 20 ???

- how can grenades falls on the ground 1m to you without making any noise . not even a splash ???

- how can we be stuck at a door , a wall , a barrier , with sticky environements ????

- how can it be impossible to run out immadiately when you are reloading ,
and being aimed by a enemy ( you have to wait until you finish reloading ) :
in real fighting believe me you will jump out the firing line ,whatever you are doing ....

all theses small improvments should be done for already long :(

Upvote 0
When we should get a new item system (what I do not believe), I think something like this loot system you can find in most MMORPGs would be best. When you would have to take the ammo right out of its boxes from the dead body, or take the weapon out of the bodies hands.
But chances for this are bad.
Hidden and Dangerous 2 style would be good, shame I can't dig out a screenie.

Upvote 0
Ronan I mean the Hidden and Dangerous 2 boxes thing not the Hidden and Dangerous scrolly thing, though both would work. Screenie time -
3b9085c5ca9476c4c2066d108c16277ffd4d9e71.jpg

Upvote 0