• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO 2 Single Player camapgin issues

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    I've had several people tell me that there are progression stoppers and achievements that are not unlocking for the RO 2 single player.

I asked QA to look into it, but they haven't run into either so far. If you know of any, can you please provide specific reproduction cases.

From other on this forum it is from Germans Mission 6, all russians completed fine for me.

Here are some links of other threads i have about it:

You can read the reply on the last post on this thread, this is before i realised it was not able to be completed early on 2011:
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72084

This is me having a winge about it, but im not alone:
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=82901

And this recent thread i made:
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=96194

This one shows alot of people have the same bug:
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=93379

This one has a claim about the actual Bug:
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=70902

Post #13
    There is a still existing bug with the defense missions.

You can loose them, but the game will still continue. But then you won't get the achievement and furthermore none of the following, even if you sucessfully beat them.

I saw German Mission 6 was about Pavlovs House, first attacking then defending as Axis. If you lost the second defending missikon, the game will still go on, but wit achivements 'disabled' for the rest of the campaign. Beating mission 6 correctly would allow you then to get the achievements for the rest of the campaign.

Had this problem way back when the game came out and short time ago with the now seperated singleplayer.

Not sure how you will reproduce it? dont forget it ticking off the acheivments that are sitting for the single player in the multiplayer either.
    If you can fix this that would be great...alternatively, just give everyone the achievements? It was a pita to do mission 10 germans on hero, so i kind of deserve it, and would prefer others earned it of they want it.

Upvote 0
    So I installed it today to check if the achievements are still unlockable. I know I tried in september last year to unlock the german chapter achievements and I clearly played the first chapter because I got the achievement for the leadership. Now I tried it again (on raw recruit and not on the second difficulty) and the chapter 1 achievement unlocked correctly. Maybe I failed one mission and so it couldn't unlock in the past - like the bug with the defense missions?

I will play tomorrow the whole german campaign and keep you up to date.

edit: of course there is still the problem that the sp campaign achievements aren't unlocked in the multiplayer part of the game. So maybe they should be removed? Because as Don Draper says it kinda sucks when you have achievements that you can never unlock.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I could unlock every single german achievement. I don't know why it worked now, but it worked.

And the bots got dumber, can't remember they were so silly during my first playthrough.
    I can vouch for the dumb bots. I had to quit because I was essentially Solo'ing every mission, with the AI just Tarding around and either getting killed or doing nothing behind cover... often facing the wrong direction.

Upvote 0
    Ok I could unlock all achievements apart from the campaign playthrough ones because I played not all missions on the same difficulty.

I have to add that the bots are also wearing kevlar vests and I can't remember that they could absorb so many bullets (on all difficulties!). One shot kills are nearly impossible. Sometimes I needed about 5 hits with the mg - absolutely ridiculous! And sometimes the bots kill you although they are not even facing you. But ok. Bots.

Upvote 0
    Ok I could unlock all achievements apart from the campaign playthrough ones because I played not all missions on the same difficulty.

So you could not get these,
    Recruit
    Complete the full campaign on recruit or above

Soldier
    Complete the full campaign on soldier or above

Veteran
    Complete the full campaign on veteran or above

Hero
    Complete the full campaign on veteran or above

You would have atleast got the Recruit one?

I have to add that the bots are also wearing kevlar vests and I can't remember that they could absorb so many bullets (on all difficulties!). One shot kills are nearly impossible. Sometimes I needed about 5 hits with the mg - absolutely ridiculous! And sometimes the bots kill you although they are not even facing you. But ok. Bots.

Did you have it on Action mode? They can take more hits in that mode.

Upvote 0
    No i have all on frontline soldier but two missions only on hero. I got no achievement for that. I'll play now these two missions on frontline soldier and see if something unlocks.

There is no Action Mode in single player? :confused:

edit:

Ok Recruit and Soldier unlocked after I played these missions. Seems to work.

Something I have to add to the bot health: I shot some bots clearly one time with a SVT in the head and it pinged and he didn't die. So I needed at least a second hit. A "bit" unrealistic...

edit 2: And most of the time there is these terrible stuttering or jittering. But interestingly sometimes more, sometimes less. But that doesn't seem to depend on the map. I played Sation without jittering on hero so I thought maybe it was the difficulty. Played it again and it stuttered.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0