• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Fix] Flamethrower operator (hit detection?)

adamcel6

Sep 19, 2013
It turns out that it is not true that flames block bullets. I have found this myth to be false. However, it is actually much, much worse. Bullets and even light mortar shells do not damage flamethrower operators even when the FO is not firing! Today on Kwajalein I shot a knee mortar right next to a flamer in the trenches, the grenade blew up right next to him and he was unscathed. The shell did not go through a crack in the wall, it was not too far away, it blew up right next to him. He was not even firing the flamer at the time.

This was the most dramatically bad incident (Out of many) of this persistent bug to date, and it has prompted me to make this third or fourth thread about this bug which seems to not have been acknowledged.

EDIT: Sorry if it seems like I am spamming the bug report section, it just seems like this bug has gotten no real acknowledgement.

EDIT 2: Oops, I use the flair wrong. I meant that I want this to be fixed, not that I have a fix.

Last edited: