• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Ro2 game.exe stopped working

Mike_Nomad

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
Florida, USA
www.raidersmerciless.com
RO2 GAME.EXE STOPPED WORKING

For the last three ...maybe four weeks, this has begun in earnest.

Prior to this, it was an occasional incident but now its a guaranteed occurrence.

Easily repro'ed;
Every few map rotation changes, it occurs. Reboot and you get a few more maps and then, it'll reliably occur again. Happening on systems with XP, Vista, Win7/8 (32 & 64 bit)

It needs high priority fixing.

Before we lose all the good the recent promotions have provided.

Last edited:
Yes I've been getting the same. It's such garbage. I sometimes don't get credit for the progress through a round when it crashes. It happens so much. It's broken the game. It's seriously the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in 20 years of gaming because of the frequency. NEEDS FIXING ASAP!

Upvote 0
I bought a new gaming PC yet still get this crash. So has to be something on TWI's end.

I'm not certain but I think it has something to do with the asset manager not exiting gracefully after a client map load. Or, a small change made to the client software just prior to the 2cnd MCP map release. Perhaps, both.

Upvote 0
Hey guys.

Having the same problem over here. It would happen time to time on my older PC but happens constantly on my new one I just got. 9 times out of 10 it will crash between map changes. Each time I have to end the game via the task manager to which I'll see the "Ro2 game.exe stopped working" message.

Upvote 0
Hey guys.

Having the same problem over here. It would happen time to time on my older PC but happens constantly on my new one I just got. 9 times out of 10 it will crash between map changes. Each time I have to end the game via the task manager to which I'll see the "Ro2 game.exe stopped working" message.

Exactly.... easily repro'ed. Usualy 2-3 maps will be ok - then ..bang. "rogame.exe stopped working"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you answer some of the questions below:

- does the issue happen on servers running only stock content, or mostly on servers running custom content. (have you tried both)
- does the error happen more often when changing from/ or to a particular map?
- does the issue happen if you quickly change map (join a empty server, and quickly vote for the next map or run through it asap and get the map changed quickly).
- is the amount of maps you can play before the crash constant or semi constant. (or every single time).
- does the issue occur during a single player session as well vs bots on your own computer.
- does deleting your mydocuments\mygames\redorchestra2 folder allow you to play for a little while but perhaps break it again after a few times?
- does deleting your clientregistry.blob in your main steam directory allow you to play for a little while? (close steam before doing so, and verify the integrity of the game cache afterwards).
- can you state what steam download server location you use?

Upvote 0
Over two days, the problem occurs 4 times.
1. If you change the card to Barashka, was discontinued operation ro.exe
Server rank, setting custom
2 and 3. If you change the card to Univermag, trying to run the game knit and go to the server, a number of times at the entrance to a server problem recurred.
4. If you change the card to Barracks.
Always when the map changes the server.

Is there a need here is to attach the dump files?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you change the server card from the card to the card ColdStill Stalingradkessel.
There was an error and stop working unrealengine.
Maybe the data in the files in the archive, which is attached to the post, will be able to help solve the problem.
I give the link to the archive file with the data (dmp and Log) because you are not very convenient to attach such a volume.
http://www.fayloobmennik.net/3161289

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We've put in several fixes for crashes in the Rising Storm beta. The ones we couldn't find solutions for should now at least output better messaging to help us figure out what is going on.
any idea why some people can not generate the automatic crash report? I was able to send a couple when you first introduced it, but it hasn't worked for me since. (i'm one of the lucky ones that rarely crashes though, knock wood)

having the auto crash report working for everyone might net you five times the info.

Upvote 0
It means the game is crashing in a way that is not triggering the crash reporter. You can still submit those files to us via the forums.

The crash reporter is looking for the game to fail out in "standard" ways. Such as memory and graphical triggers that come back bad that cause the game to crash out.

Upvote 0