• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

List of possible bugs

Couple of bugs:

1. Player models overlap. Once i played a MG and while in cover and aiming, other player (also in same cover) overlapped my model and I shot him in the head with my mg by accident. I could faintly see his face on screen (kinda hard to explain, hope you get the picture)

2. Sometimes when the spawnpoint selection map comes on-screen, the objectives on the map fidgets for a second or two, kinda like I'm using mouse scroll although I'm not

Upvote 0
Things I encountered so far.

Sometimes the game will refuse to start properly. All you get is the RO2 Logo in Windows and nothing will happen. Fixes suggested for it did not really help.

Very Rarely the sound will go off and all you hear is a knack knack sound and you have to restart the game

The game will randomly crash ingame

After you disconnected from a server browser, the browser wont show any servers exept in the favouirtes tab.

Upvote 0
Post processing, audio max channel, and supposedly ambient occlusion all reset to their default values/setting after either leaving a map or restarting the game. For example; I put post processing on 'enhanced' and it just defaults back to 'normal'. Or I set max channels to '64' and it resets to '32'. This issue only started after the final beta update, with the exception of max channels having this behavior from the initial beta launch.

Upvote 0
Ingame chat bugs:

1. When entered to the chat during ingame, can't close it with ESC key, you have to delete text with backspace and push enter, or you have to send the unfinished text.
  2. Accented characters also don't working, for example hungarian.
  3. Can't navigate in chat line with cursor keys to correct mistyped words. You have to use backspace to delete back.
SuN keep up the good work, this thread was a very good idea! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ranking system problem

Ranking system problem

(before all, sorry for my bad english)..

Dear Developers,

I, and many other guys has problem with the achievement system. I play Red Orchestra 2 just few hours, but im on 30+ honor level now, and i have too many achievements.

9.34-9.36pm i get all of this;
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/110917/1069564038problem_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

But, others has same problem:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2124452
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123994

So please make a fix, or write how can i reset my stats! Reply to my post pls.

Regards,
one ROHOS player.

Upvote 0
Sound Issues

Sound Issues

I'm sure there is a thread about it but sometimes I will lose sound when a server changes maps. I hear a loud/sharp pop in my speakers and that's when I know it just went out. It forces me to restart the game completely.

Also in the campaign for the Germans, the 2nd the last mission for Commander training seems bugged. When I call in artillery at the start of the training and it tells me to look outside at the shells coming down, the shells never get through this invisible wall on top of the trees or the village as a whole, no shell from the artillery ever hits the ground so I'm at a stopping point for the campaign as of yesterday.

Upvote 0
Sight for Sore Eyes, the achievement for getting a melee kill with binoculars, can be obtained by holding binoculars and getting a kill with artillery while standing in front of the radio.

Also, friendly tanks are marked as enemy tanks on the map when recon planes are called in, and also attempting to call out an enemy tank with the Z key will just have you mark it as infantry for your team.

Upvote 0
No sound

No sound

Hello,
I recently purchased Red Orchestra 2 from Steam and after installing the game and running it i am getting no sound in game. I do get sound when the game starts in the intro cinematics and before a campaign mission during briefing. Once the actual gameplay starts though, there is no sound at all, there is also no sound during the menus. I wish to know what is wrong, i have the latest sound card driver i just updated it to see if it fixed it but it didn't. Also, everything else that requires sound works on my computer just the gameplay doesn't have any sound. I've tried uninstalling the game and re-installing it and restarting the game multiple times and nothing has worked, only the same thing happens again.

Here is a vid of the problem
Red Orchestra bug - YouTube

Specs:
Operating System
MS Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 62

Upvote 0
a few bugs i encounterd

a few bugs i encounterd

1. sometimes when waiting to re-spawn i will see characters with their hand stuck up by the bolt but in the shape they are using the trigger.

2. stats not saving? 4 times now i have leveled up to honor 6 and sometimes honor 7 if i stay in the server after the match is complete. and my rifle levels up as well. but the minute the next map starts im back to honor level 5 and my rifle has not gone up?! then it will repeat all over again. if i leave the game its stayed where it was, at honor 5. Just a bit game breaking when you have to go through the same level over and over again.

3. suppersion when beside teammate. i know gunfire must be scary in war, but when your own character is crapping himself to his friendly MG beside him i really do wonder :/

Upvote 0
I decided to give the game a try in multiplayer after having played through some missions in the campaign/tutorial, and got my stats all messed up.

I just played three games on a single server, killed about 15 guys total... and ended up with a lot of achievements unlocked, and a stats page saying that I killed more than a thousand people. I also got some extra achievements for things I didn't do.

I encountered no such problems when playing the campaign (except for the achievement for doing the campaign unlocking at the beginning).

Long story short : the stats are very messed up at the moment.

Upvote 0
1. Game freezes on startup.

2.After respawn time runs out you get stuck, cant respawn.

3.When you run out of ammo you cant replenish it at ammo box, you can hear the sound but you dont get any ammo

4.Server browser not showing any servers, this happens randomly

5.After machange sound disappears, you can only hear random cracks

6.After the latest patch ("the today" one) ping is much higher 50 -100+

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no settings, no experience

no settings, no experience

Everytime I start the game I have no settings, but i can click on them without knowing what i changed. The same counts for the missions in campaign. Only the graphics settings are visible. Also I sometimes get Experience and sometimes not all I earned in a match.

Attachments

• 2011-09-18_00001.jpg
    2011-09-18_00001.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-09-18_00002.jpg
    2011-09-18_00002.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-09-18_00003.jpg
    2011-09-18_00003.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-09-18_00004.jpg
    2011-09-18_00004.jpg