• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

weapon alignment is offset

Nord_Kind

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
This is a major bug I happen to experience almost every third round I play.

It happens that my weapon doesnt shoot where its aiming anymore. Instead it shoot one millimeter to the left or or right of where its aiming. This makes accurate shots impossible.
It appears to happen more often when you are standing on uneven ground. The same bug sometimes appears on tanks too, when you are on uneven ground but now I got this bug quite often with small arms fire.

it makes shooting at long range really impossible and destroys gameplay.

Anyone else experiences this bug?

I couldnt find anything in the forums.

Yep, I posted about this a long time ago and it's still around. I hope this bug doesn't persist into RS2:Vietnam.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ing-off-center

The bug is location specific (where you are on map) and which direction you are facing currently.
Each 90 degree turn (left/right) changes it from whether you are aiming offset or right on.

One way to tell is when you are aiming with a gun (not mounted MG), if you press SHIFT to steady your aim and zoom in you will notice the iron sight shudder left/right instead of having a smooth zoom in.

This is an example of the bug happening on a map being affected by it, and how your aim is offset.
The first 0 degrees is in reference to whichever direction does not have the bug affecting it.
0 degrees: no offset
90 degrees: largest offset in this direction (lets say turning right), bullets land left of aim.
180 degrees: no offset, aim returns to normal
270 degrees: (now facing 90 degrees left of original position) largest offset in this facing direction, bullets land right of aim.
360 degrees: back to original facing. Aim is normal again.

But with the nature of an FPS game, you are going to always be turning in different directions and firing so you cant always know the offset direction. Makes long shots really difficult sometimes :|

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have same bug now. After I changed the monitor type. Before that i had resolution 1920 x 1200, 16:10 and no problem.
Now i have WQHD (2560×1440) monitor and after that i noticed this bug. Bullets are not flying where i am pointing with iron sights. Slightly to the left side of iron sights. IT IS REALY ANOYING!!!
  1. I tried deleting all config files. (make copy of them)
  2. Then ingame set up all with 16:10 resolution. Graphic, controls, etc.
  3. Exit game. (make copy of config files)
  4. After that i manually edited config file "ROEngine.ini"œ to „ResX=2560", ResY="œ1440“ and max fps.
  5. I changed all config files attributes to „READ ONLY“
Now is much better, but have to test it a little bit longer.
Can someone test it too? Anybody plays RO2 on WQHD monitor and no problems???
Sorry for my potato English. :)

Upvote 0
It was „TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina_MCP" (and Tula "“ is official???) and appearing that bug - is about difference between resolutions. When i have WUXGA (1920×1200), bug was not present. When i have QHD / WQHD (2560×1440) aim bug was there.

It's easy to see that bug is active, when i try Russian DP-28 on full auto. Bullets are clearly on left side of front iron sight.

Sometimes it is hard to find out where the bullet lands. Question: Bullet decals on walls represent exact point, where bullet lands or they are "random"? I only tested id on walls (and players... :D )

So i can play on my new 2560×1440 monitor on other (non native) resolution without this bug, but this is not the way.

Upvote 0