• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Win 10 issue; server changing map -> connection to the host lost

Hello,

My HW specs:
- i5-4690K 3.5GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (with "always" the latest driver packages)
- 16 GB memory
- Samsung SSD 830 Series
- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (updated from Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit)

Pre-conditions:
- On the Win7, Win 8, Win 8.1 the RO2 worked nicely with this HW configuration.
- After upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 the game worked nicely.
- Issues described below began ~5-10 days ago.
- I guess that there have been several NVIDIA driver updates lately. I have installed them and also Win 10 updates "almost immediately" after they have become available.

Symptoms:
- Connecting to the host works ok from the server browser => client connects and map is loaded correctly.
- After playing the number of the configured rounds for the map the next map is started to be loading (RO2 client shows the message: "Server Is Changing Maps". This continues until the RO2 client shows the note" "Your connection to the host has been lost." after around 200+ seconds.
- If I next click "Ok" or 'ESC' key and then try to connect again to the same host, it does not succeed.

I attach here:
- launch logs from the latest session.
- the latest dump file (from last night; from the latest actual crash???)

I would appreciate very much all help in solving this issue, because the fact is that I play (hard) only RO2! :)

Attachments

• Launch.log
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2015.09.01-14.04.09.log
    18.5 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2015.09.03-00.00.03.dmp
    677.9 KB · Views: 0
Hello,

My HW specs:
- i5-4690K 3.5GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (with "always" the latest driver packages)
- 16 GB memory
- Samsung SSD 830 Series
- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (updated from Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit)

Pre-conditions:
- On the Win7, Win 8, Win 8.1 the RO2 worked nicely with this HW configuration.
- After upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 the game worked nicely.
- Issues described below began ~5-10 days ago.
- I guess that there have been several NVIDIA driver updates lately. I have installed them and also Win 10 updates "almost immediately" after they have become available.

Symptoms:
- Connecting to the host works ok from the server browser => client connects and map is loaded correctly.
- After playing the number of the configured rounds for the map the next map is started to be loading (RO2 client shows the message: "Server Is Changing Maps". This continues until the RO2 client shows the note" "Your connection to the host has been lost." after around 200+ seconds.
- If I next click "Ok" or 'ESC' key and then try to connect again to the same host, it does not succeed.

I attach here:
- launch logs from the latest session.
- the latest dump file (from last night; from the latest actual crash???)

I would appreciate very much all help in solving this issue, because the fact is that I play (hard) only RO2! :)

does it happen everytime or sometime ?

If sometime did you check which servers ?

Upvote 0
does it happen everytime or sometime ?

If sometime did you check which servers ?

It happened everytime.

Now I have been able to get the system fixed. I had this error in my system in the time when the problem with RO2 appeared: "The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2". This was visible in the Device Manager in form of an unknown device.

A working solution for my case was to go back to Windows 8.1 and re-upgrade to Windows 10. In addition I updated all the drivers + BIOS for my ASUS B85-PRO GAMER motherboard. I had some challenges with my three display setup but finally got everything right.

As a conclusion I can say that the problem in question was not caused by a bug in RO2 (of course I never can be sure about this), but probably by the Windows 10 device drivers that were not installed correctly or that were not up to date.

Thanks for being interested in my issue :)

p.s. I still have some issue in the Windows 10 environment that makes my mouse hang sometimes. E.g. it freezes gaming for a half of a second (graphics freeze). Let's see can I do something about it. I'll be back if it get worse...

[EDIT:] The Logitech G400 gaming mouse freeze appears to be caused by its own thin cable... So sad. http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Mice/G400-Mouse-Keeps-Freezing/m-p/981841#M19402

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not ok any longer...

Not ok any longer...

After working ok a while the problem started reapeating itself again>
1) I have connected succesfully into the game (I play usually here https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.195.107.26:7787/)
2) The round ends and the next round starts and everything works ok.
3) First after the server changes the next map my RO2 client only hangs until it gets some kind of timeout without connecting to the server.
4) I need to shut down completely the RO2 client before I can make a new try and normally this succeeds (but not always). => anyway I usually lose the beginning of the round.

Remarks:
- When I connect from the Steam client by joining a server there one of my Steam contacts is playing everything works fine until server map change.
- When I see the server browser user interface and double click the server where I would like to join then my RO 2 usually just hangs... until the timeout. I succees to connect the server with the restarted RO2 client best if I just select the server name from the browser and then click the "Connect" button (this is very weird difference in behaviour...)

Upvote 0
Hello again, I have now bought a new mouse. Everything seems to be ok with my desktop except the RO2 client. I guess that I have now tried "everything" in my power to fix this issue.

I am repeating myself but here is the problem in a nutshell:
RO2 client becomes hanging in the state "Server is Changing Maps..." and after a while reset makes the user interface tell me that the connection to the server was lost. This occurs:
1) when the server starts to change the map (occurrence 95%).
2) when I double click with mouse on the title of the server name in the server browser view (occurrence 100%).
3) sometimes/often when I first in the server browser view first select the server name active and after that click "Continue" (occurrence 20%).

It feels really hard work to connect to server.

Please, do not let me down. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hard to see what's causing this but I saw you never start from a fresh windows 10 installation. I mean without w8 before.

So :

1- Save your important folders on a second hard drive.
2- Be sure to have your windows 10 license key (http://www.redmondpie.com/windows-10-product-key-and-activation-how-to-find-it-and-how-it-works/)
3- Create an USB or a CD windows 10 to make a clean installation. (See here :http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/soft...lean-install-windows-10-and-create-boot-media
4- Make a fresh install and let windows 10 runing a bit, because it install automaticly the drivers but it may take time.

Upvote 0