• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

won't start win10

toddd240

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 12, 2015
Game won't start in windows 10...have newest drivers, deleted the fiolder in my games.....ran the binary file....nothing....I start the game in steam, it gives a quarter blank screen with unity 3 showing and I can hear sound effects.....then nothing. Occasionally it says Steam needed to run this program......there are not many having this problem, but there are a few....can we get some help Tripwire?

Game won't start in windows 10...have newest drivers, deleted the fiolder in my games.....ran the binary file....nothing....I start the game in steam, it gives a quarter blank screen with unity 3 showing and I can hear sound effects.....then nothing. Occasionally it says Steam needed to run this program......there are not many having this problem, but there are a few....can we get some help Tripwire?

I got it too.

My solution to fix the problem :

1- Right click on RO2, under local files use the "saving the game file" feature.
2- Uninstall steam
3- Restart your computer
4- Reinstall steam
5- Click on Steam "Save and restore a game" and restore Ro2

It worked for me, after that I had the same issue once, I just reboot my computer and it stopped.

My guess is it come from how Windows 10 update everything automatically it may create some incompatibility.

Hope it'll work for you ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0