• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Class progression not saving

RandomPerson78642

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
USA
I don't know why nobody has addressed this yet, but the class progression for tanks is not working.

You can actually level up in a tank class if you get enough team points in one match, but it always gets reset on map change.

This happens with any tank class:

German

fDgBD.png

Russian

eWYZ7.jpg

Even the unused Japanese.

f6b99a7e58.png

And yes, those first two screenshots were taken on a ranked, online server.

That's because there isn't anything for the Japanese Tank, remember it wasn't complete, not unused. 60% of that tank is placeholders, it's not surprising they didn't bother to code class progression, that'd be a low priority for TWI. Especially when the tank was only in Beta, and it was only in testing. For class progression, those files have to be made. They're not there for the Type 95 Ha-Go.

Upvote 0
I know that, it was just a little side note. Forget about the japanese one.

The main issue here is that it's not working for Germans and Russians on ranked, unmodified, online servers.
I think to reproduce it you need about 150 team points or around 40 kills.

Unless it was disabled by design? I can't imagine why.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yup, about 230 total class points.

You level up, but then at the end it says "You did not receive any class XP this match" and on the next map it's back to zero.

If this is intentional I can't comprehend why. Even if you don't get any bonuses, you should still be able to at least keep the level.

Attachments

• tankbug1.jpg
    tankbug1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
  • tankbug2.jpg
    tankbug2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
  • tankbug3.jpg
    tankbug3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 0
  • tankbug4.jpg
    tankbug4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
  • tankbug5.jpg
    tankbug5.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Well depends on what you mean by level. There's Honor and Rank.

Honor is a number from 0-99, it applies to all roles.

Rank is separate for each role and there's only 6: Raw Recruit, Frontline Soldier, Hardened, Veteran, Highly Decorated, Hero.

As you see above I'm at Honor 94, a Hero for all roles, and Frontline Soldier for the tank.

I wonder if it's possible to level up even further. Theoretically if you have a really long map time it could be possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0